Monday, June 27, 2011

Summertime


10 months closer to you, precious baby boy.  Thank you Erin for sending such love.  It is appreciated through and through.

Summer in the Erwin household 2011 looks something like this:

  • Leave my house for work early in the morning and get back late in the evening.  
  • See Chet rarely, as he works on sprinkler systems in the evening, so he works late too.  
  • It's hot.
  • Try to give our poor dogs attention in the evenings, as they sit out in the heat all day missing us.  
  • Laundry is piled high.
  • It's hot.
  • My email inbox scares me.  Like I literally dread opening it, as I debate with myself what the time frame is before it is considered downright rude to not answer someone.  
  • I thank God for my Keurig.  It helps me get my tired body out of bed each morning.
  • It's hot.  I am beginning to retract all my statements about summer being my favorite season.  I said that before summer 2011.  
  • Baby showers and wedding showers and weddings fill our weekends!  I think it's interesting that I never have any baby showers during the fall or winter?  I wonder why that is?
  • I feel older.  It's weird.  I know I have a summer birthday, but I actually feel physically older.  
  • I think about how this summer is not what I was picturing for us this summer, but thankful for how many blessings we have each day.
Chet is so patient with me lately.  I am beyond thankful for the fact that I can walk in the house and find him folding laundry...and open a decently-ish stocked fridge (he's a guy, so that might mean only milk and cheese, but hey there is something there).  He even treats me to a massage most nights and I know he is tired from a long day himself.  It has only taken four summers of me working the summer program for him to get this. ;)  

My favorite holiday of the year is next weekend.  We are hoping to spend it with our sweet friends the Shields in San Angelo.

I still cannot believe how fast (and sometimes slow) time has gone by this year.  I am grateful that our son has been able to spend every day for 10 months with Jesus.  And every day forever.    

But the plans of the LORD stand firm forever, the purposes of His heart through all generations.  
Psalm 33:11

2 comments:

  1. Sweet Sarah, you are so beautiful. I love the way that you talk about Holden. I cannot wait to meet your boy in Heaven. Will you let me play with him? Please? Because I love him!! And I love you! You are a blessing. God uses you in such incredible ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, I would LOVE for you to play with Holden! He would love that too. :) Good thing we will have a really long time to catch up on playing.

    ReplyDelete