We are still here in Lubbock. Our buyer has had many issues with her loan, so we are just praying we will close this weekend and move soon. (Sunday or Monday?) Poor Grey is begging to go to the "big house" (why she calls it big is funny since it looks smaller than our current home, and is about the same size). She and I both have difficulty functioning in chaos, which is exactly what our life has been for over a month now. Living out of boxes is for the birds. I know there are real problems in the world, and Christians being beheaded for their faith (among countless other atrocities), so I feel extra selfish in this entire process. Oi.
This week our oldest princess turned 2 1/2 years old, and our youngest princess turned 39 weeks and 9 months. 9 months is my favorite baby age - Rose has truly been a little light in the storm lately. Sadly we thought we would be moved already, so we canceled her 9 month well-check. I can't wait to find a good pediatrician in McKinney and get her appointment as soon as possible. I think she's pretty okay in the "growth" area though. lol. She is also SUPER attentive, smart and mobile, so we don't need a doctor to tell us how perfect she is. :)
- Babbles and talks all the time
- Waves and claps
- Mimics mouth movements and sounds
- Crawls at breakneck speeds
- Is almost always mild-mannered and JOYFUL
- Asserts her temper loudly the few times she does get upset
- Has two bottom teeth and two top teeth - and boy oh boy does teething suck for this princess
- Can manipulate objects and toys
- Can figure many toys out
- LOVES LOVES LOVES books
- LOVES Frozen (and other cartoons) ... much more than sister ever did or does
- Weighs 19 lbs
- Wears size 12-18 month clothes
- Adores puppies in the sweetest way ever
- Adores big sister
- Can repeat nearly any word. We are so proud of how far she has come! She only lacks the "l", "f" and "c/k" sounds, but substitutes for them.
- Loves music and dancing
- Loves Frozen
- Loves to read and read back to us
- Uses and iPad better than her parents
- Has a memory that is seriously out of this world!
- Is completely potty trained
- Loves her baby dolls
- Loves learning
- Knows her alphabet
- Knows how to count to 10 (almost completely by herself)
- Adores little sister
“For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? “Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they? “And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life? "And why are you worried about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin, yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these. “But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you? You of little faith! “Do not worry then, saying, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear for clothing?’ “For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. “But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. “So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.