Every time I blog, I am still surprised this is my life. It always feels surreal to have two beautiful daughters I get to call mine. Not a day goes by that I don't thank God for the plans that didn't make sense almost 4 years ago.
This weekend is Memorial Weekend, and Chet's bosses are AWESOME - so he has had all weekend off, even today!! SURPRISE SURPRISE!
Rose turned 5 months on Friday! She is still the happiest baby I have ever known. Ever.
Rose, you were not even a thought in our hearts at this time last year, but our home is absolutely so right with you here. You are joy and beauty in ways I cannot even describe. You have taught me selflessness through your birth mom. You have taught me about Jesus' love through plans I never knew could be so amazing. You have been the easiest, most fun baby to be around, and that just makes everyone adore you. You wake me up with smiles and no matter WHAT is going on, I just need to be near you to feel your joy. You are our family's "Baby Rose" forever.
We love you infinitely, Beautiful. Love, Daddy & Mommy
- We finalllllly found a baby food Rose will not gag on: carrots! :) She is going straight for "real" food, which may not be so bad after all. She will taste most veggies and fruit I am eating, but gags on nearly ANY and ALL baby food.
- She is trying to hold her bottles by herself. She can hold it for most of the feeding already.
- She can pull toys to her mouth, and even use a spoon "correctly", which amazes us!
- She is still in 6-9 month clothes, but mostly 9 month!
- She is standing assisted, holding on to stuff.
- She is attempting to scoot!
We are enrolling her in a little June school that is mostly a camp-like setting. She will start in a couple weeks.
Enjoy your weekend. Remember freedom is never free.