Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day 2014 - Dedicating Rose Catherine Erwin to the Lord

This year's Mother's Day was the simply the best.  I am in awe still that God would allow me to have a precious son awaiting me in Glory, and two beautiful daughters to raise on earth.  The day was extra emotional as Chet and I dedicated Rose to the Lord at church.

Our church home, Hillside Christian, had the parents who were dedicating their babies attend a parenting sermon last Monday evening.  We were also given CDs to listen to during the week - and asked to read several Scriptures about parenting our children in a Godly manner.  I loved that they didn't just allow anyone and everyone to dedicate their babies because it was the "thing" to do.  They know this matter is the most important in all of our life as parents.

Both girls did so good at the dedication (Rose fell asleep).  I choked back tears the entire time.  Such a humbling, amazing experience.  Chet and I both could not stop praying for and thinking about Rose's birth mom yesterday too.  Such a gift.


My sweet friend Vanessa delivered this to me yesterday.  Oh my heart.

 
Chet and the girls spoiled me.:)


God has some BIG plans for this happy girl!!

We spent Mother's Day evening with our dear friends the Allens.  Such a great ending to a special day.



20 weeks of precious today.

Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.  Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.  These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts.  Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.  Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.  Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.  Deuteronomy 6:4-9

No comments:

Post a Comment