36 weeks of looking more and more like Daddy
How fun it's been to watch Grey grow!
Two funny things happened today, worth noting in Grey's 'journal':
First, Grey and I joined Chet for lunch at Spanish Inn. There was a gentleman sitting in the table next to us who Grey was determined to make smile. (Mind you, this kid never doesn't get a returned smile if she smiles at us!) Well, this man didn't understand that she wanted him to smile. She kept smiling and smiling and talking at him. When he wasn't returning a smile after about 20 minutes, she started whimpering and frowning. Finally she SCREAMED at him. I'm talking...squealing and squawking in the middle of the restaurant. He noticed her by this time (as did every other patron) and smiled back. She got the HUGEST smile on her face and started laughing when she realized he wasn't "mad" at her. ;) In said gentleman's defense, he was minding his own business and probably just trying to enjoy a peaceful lunch. At any rate, Chet and I were pretty amused by our little diva. She is a character.
Second, Grey was scared to tears of my neighbors dog this afternoon. The dog that is calm, lays there and is a dachshund (small). She LOVES boisterous, annoying animals who lick her, bark, jump and knock her over (such as our dogs), yet was crying because of a tranquil, sweet old dachshund. I thought she loved all animals, but today's episode proved me wrong. Babies are so unpredictable. :)
Noteworthy at 36 weeks:
- You spent your first night at a hotel in Fredericksburg! We accompanied Daddy on a work trip, which was very nice, although the hotel was Momma's version of a slight nightmare. Keeping your busy self away from all the germs and trying to entertain was not easy. All I could think about - as you were biting and licking the headboard - was the 20/20 episode on what 'substances' are on hotel headboards. And the headboard was probably the cleanest surface in the room.... You also didn't sleep at all that night. We shall avoid a second hotel experience with you for quite some time. ;)
- You are exactly 16 pounds!
- You are TRYING TO MAKE WORD SOUNDS!! Such a big milestone!! Woohoo!
- Each week you seem to be a "new person", having learned so much since the previous week. You understand SO much of what we say. You understand "no" without a doubt! The funny thing is that "no" has only come with a 'removal action' (i.e. take a forbidden item away or not allow you to chew on a cord), yet if we say "no", you get so upset. I love your strong will, because I KNOW you will be using it for good one day. :)
- You are happy 99.9% of the time. (Unless we have to say "no" to something)
- You look more and more like your Daddy. Your hair is getting lighter. And I think your eyes will stay blue. Precious.
For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2 Corinthians 4:6