Monday, November 26, 2012

Grey's First Thanksgiving at 8 Months (35 weeks)

Grey's 1st Thanksgiving weekend was WONDERFUL!  It was the best holiday Chet and I have ever spent having Grey to celebrate with us ... and we have SO much to be grateful for.  I do believe it was also the most relaxing holiday ever, an added bonus.

We spent Thanksgiving Day (Grey's 8 month birthday) with Chet's family in Colorado City.  Leigh Ann took a few photos of the day.
Caul, Grey and Shelbi

Most of Leigh Ann and Randy's family (Randy took the photo).  The forced smiles (or lack therof) crack me up. ;)

Leigh Ann's grandkids - minus Holden and a granddaughter living in the Dallas area.
It made me so glad that Grey was having a great day, and was the easiest grandkid to get to smile for the camera.  She's pretty much always happy! :)

I had to snap this one with my phone, since "swinging" with Daddy is one of her all-time favorite activities these days.

We drove to Brady Thursday night and stayed through Saturday to spend Thanksgiving with the Shuffield family.  Tisha took amazing photos (of course) that I will have soon, so I didn't even snap one with my phone.  (I know. Cuhrazy!)  Thankfully Tisha did get a few candid ones with her phone of Grey and "cousin" Campbell (9 months old) in their adorable turkey onesies Nicole brought for them:
They rocked "step climbing" like pros!

I plan on sharing her photos of these two cuties soon. :)  Don't worry!  They had so much fun together since they're at the perfect age to learn from and play with each other.

My sister's family was gracious enough to let us crash at their place while they were in Ft. Worth for the weekend.  It was relaxing through and through, even if we missed them terribly!

I haven't ever taken Grey's monthly photos with the dry erase board not exactly on the day of the 22nd (meaning sometimes she hasn't been in the mood), because I love that it is precise.  To me, why take milestone photos if they don't capture milestones....
Well, for 8 months I took them (or the one) today.  Not in her usual onesie.  Wearing a bow.  Oh well!  (Chet keeps reminding me that these blogs are a waste of time and that Grey will not care about them...if he's right, I am positive she will get over the few days inaccuracy and inconsistency.) ;)

I like our guest bed as the backdrop.  I wish I would've thought of this sooner.

I have not kept up with Grey's "One Line a Day" journal as I should, so I am going to be detailed.

Grey, at 8 months/35 weeks, you:
Are a bundle of energy!  You never stop exploring and learning, even if that means pulling everything off shelves and tasting and touching everything in your reach.  I literally can't set you down for 10 seconds without finding you in the next room.
Are crawling everywhere (see above)!  Nothing is safe (including Henri) at ground level anymore!  We love watching you crawl everywhere.
Are free standing and pulling yourself up to a stand on anything you think might work!  You've even attempted taking steps, but have been getting more cautious since you haven't liked the falling part so much.
Are about 16 pounds.  Every time I weighed you this week you were within a few ounces of 16 pounds.
Are fitting into size 6-9 month clothing.
Eat 5-6 oz. bottles about 4 or 5 times a day, with two "meals" of veggies and fruits in between.  I plan on increasing your "baby food" intake, but you are still so messy that I have to plan for it. ;)
Mimic sounds all the time.  You will click even if someone over the phone clicks.
Mimic head movements.  You are really enjoying shaking your head back and forth really quick.
Are not sleeping as well as usual.  I think all the traveling and "going going" has you off schedule, so we are starting sleep boot camp again today. :(  Sigh.
Love "peekaboo"!
Love water and baths, and have recently been interested in feeling falling water.
Are interested in your hands.  This is a silly thing to note, but it really cracks us up!  You give an expression that says, "Oh my word!  Look at that hand!  Out of nowhere it shows up!" as you turn it and stare.  ;)

We hung up Christmas lights and addressed Christmas cards this weekend.  Grey is loving the tree, although it is quickly becoming an "off limits" item.  The weather is beautiful and chilly, so Grey and I hope to make a few Christmas crafts this week.  We were also blessed with a HUGE influx of Holden Uganda donations this past week, so we have ... DRUM ROLL ... nearly 20 wells to build!  GOD IS SO GREAT!  Such a Thanksgiving miracle...thankful for clean water!

It feels so homey and wonderful around here.

Grey, 
What a BLESSING you are.  What a JOY it is to be your parents.  We are so THANKFUL.

Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands.
Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presences with singing.
Know ye that the LORD He is God: it is He that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are His people, and the sheep of His pasture.
Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise: be thankful unto Him, and bless His name.
For the LORD is good; His mercy is everlasting; and His truth endureth to all generations.
Psalm 100

No comments:

Post a Comment