Monday, February 7, 2011

Desires

Nine of us sat on granite in the middle of the San Saba river, the sun peaking through the clouds and warming our backs. We thanked Him for making us mothers. For giving us the desire to be mothers.  For taking our children to live with Him. For His unfailing mercy and for His unrelentless pursuing of our hearts. 

As women we have a desire to be mothers. What a gift.  

I couldn't sleep last night, as I processed the past three days of the first Hope Mommies retreat.  I knew I would be overwhelmed with it all, but I was overwhelmed beyond words.  As mothers, God designed us to desire meaningful friendships, encouragement, love and understanding.  He made us with the desire to share the gift of our children's lives with others.  The peace and solace found at Selah Springs Ranch this weekend was just the place for that.  

The Lord was in our midst from the worship led by Jennifer and Brendan of Lost Creek, to amazing Bible studies and testimonies from Linsey Woodard and Tina Young.  

The entire drive back to Snyder I was enamored with our Jesus' love for us.  He orchestrated every little detail so perfectly, we cannot but praise Him.  He provided a beautiful place of rest and allowed all 10 women to arrive from Canada, Germany, Michigan, Washington and all over Texas safely despite weather concerns and illnesses.  He brilliantly displayed his mercy to us in every imaginable way.  

My heart is SO grateful to Tisha and Jimmy Jim, along with many other wonderful friends who worked together to provide such a perfect weekend.  

Shuffield Photography captured the weekend and I can't wait to post photos soon and write much more, but right now I need to snuggle with my husband who I missed.  

 Firm through the fiercest trial and storms, as Owl City sings.  Nothing can pluck us from His hands.

I am renewed. 



My days have passed, my plans are shattered.  Yet the desires of my heart turn night into day.  
Job 17:11-12

Take delight in the LORD, and He will give you the desires of your heart.
Psalm 37:4

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful! I love the picture of the thorns by the way! What an amazing weekend it was! I too am renewed!

    ReplyDelete