Monday, July 18, 2011

28

I am 28 today.  That is really close to 30, but since I have been telling people I'm nearly 30 for a couple of years now, I guess it's not all that bad. 

Chet asked a couple of my sweet friends to join us for a birthday dinner this Saturday.  I loved getting to catch up with Stormy & James Allen and Kara (they all live out of town)!  Chet's parents came over for a bit yesterday after church, so I have had an extended birthday.  I woke up to a LOT of birthday wishes!  I am BLESSED!

I think it has hit me that I am not exactly where I thought I would be at this age in my life.  Good thing God knows what is best though...it really does take pain to reveal joy.  The number 28 has an obvious special meaning to me, so I look forward to His perfect plans this year in my life.


Teach me your way, LORD, that I may rely on your faithfulness; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name.  I will praise you, Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever.  For great is your love toward me; you have delivered me from the depths, from the realm of the dead.  Psalm 86:11-13

No comments:

Post a Comment