Saturday, September 22, 2012

6 months!

I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.  John 10:10b

Today marks 1/2 year that we have been getting to know our little princess!  What an abundant 6 months!!

The "1/2 Year Birthday Girl" was feeling a little sluggish today, and her photos have red eyes, but I am so happy she was in a good mood for them despite our lingering cold/allergies.  :)
Momma quickly decided that 'grey bear' was too tempting for us, so we had to move.  Such a busy 6 month old!
New location...but still the size comparison. 

PURE JOY

Since it was her 1/2 year birthday, the day wouldn't be complete without a couple gifts from Momma.  I had it in my mind on the day that she was born that I would buy her this toy for her 6 month birthday (random, I know, but some friends' babies loved it, so I was set on it!)...so we loaded up and went to Wal-Mart in search of our gift.  
It proved to be quite a success!  Score!

I didn't have it in my mind that my teeny tiny newborn 6 month old would be excited about ice water and drinking from our cups already, but such is the case.  Thus Grey also received two sippy cups as gifts today.  She was thoroughly spoiled. :)  
I thought I would have to "teach" her how to use a sippy, or that today would just be practice, but she drank every ounce right down.
"Momma, bottles are for babies.  I am a big girl." 
[Disclaimer: she does not drink water very often, and obviously still drinks her breastmilk/formula from a bottle!  Don't turn me into CPS!]

At 6 Months You:
  • Weigh 14 pounds, although I think you may be less than that.  Only a Momma's eyes and arms can notice the little differences, but I think this cold has made you lose a few ounces.  I may re-weigh you tomorrow.  
  • Can sit completely on your own.  
  • Love baby food vegetables and ice water.  So far we have tried sweet potatoes, squash, green beans, carrots and peas.  You squeal the most for green beans, so I assume they are your favorite.  You like oatmeal cereal too, but not near as much as your veggies.  You are comical and our "nightly entertainment" when you have devour baby food.  Let's just say you come by a love for food honestly. ;)
  • Give kisses and hugs on your own.  Need I add a comment?  Oh my heart.
  • Are starting to understand "peek-a-boo" and similar games.  You cover your face and laugh, even if it's not exactly "on cue".  
  • Eat about 5 ounces per bottle.  You are very scheduled with your bottles.  Your internal "hunger clock" is as accurate as the atomic clock I think.  3 hours on the dot = need a bottle!
  • Wear 6 month clothes and size 2 diapers.
  • Are our world.

No comments:

Post a Comment