Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Life lately


My little lady taken today

Yesterday's sweet pose with grey bear (can you tell we've had a GROWTH spurt?!)


We are at an age of fun discovery.  Everything must be touched - and often tasted.

We could live outside all day.  This is an understatement.  We sometimes even throw fits when we have to go back inside. ;) We LOVE swinging, taking walks, wagon rides, stroller strolls, the park (sand, slide and climbing structures are favorites), picking "flowers" (weeds), and watching cars go by.

We love dancing.  Grey cracks us up with her select tastes in music.  She will shake her head yes or no as each song plays in her iPod.  :)  We spend hours dancing, and oftentimes dance standing on the rocker/glider in her nursery.

We love making Momma and Daddy laugh.  She will do anything and everything to get our attention. :)

We love making animal sounds.  She can make puppy, kitty and duck sounds.  She meows for almost any other animal. ;)

We are just now starting to really understand and love books.  She is finally making the connection that books have new things to learn about and fun pictures.  This MELTS my heart.  Our favorite book (by far!) at the moment is a touch and feel book, B is for Bear.

We love other kids and babies!  Playdates are getting more fun as she is aware of other kids and interacts with them.  She is a bit "bossy", so we are working on kindness and sharing.  ;)  She wants anything someone else has.

We are getting more independent.  We can play with our toys and books for longer periods without needing momma!

We are still not talking very much, but we are signing more and more and make our needs very well known despite our lack of vocabulary.

We have an amazing memory!!  For example: Today I grabbed my hairspray bottle out from under the sink.  (I rarely use hairspray, so the last time I did in front of Grey was about two weeks ago.  She had taken the lid and ran away with it.  Ever since then my hairspray can has been missing the lid, as I looked all over the house and couldn't find it.)  When I held the can today, Grey went NUTS.  She can't talk well yet of course, so she was waving her arms, squealing and nearly engaged in a full blown meltdown.  I kept trying to give her the can of hairspray, thinking she wanted that.  She pushed it away still CLEARLY trying to communicate something to me.  So I grabbed her hand and said, "Bop.  Tell me what it is."  She led me to our clothes hamper and collapsed on her knees and pointed behind the hamper.  THERE was the lid!!  I couldn't believe it!  She had been waiting for me to use hairspray to let me know where the lid was.
She also remembers people very well.  She knows exactly who her favorites (and less favorites) are.

Though this age has its challenges, it is amazing to watch her learn so much every day.  Seeing her face light up with a new discovery is priceless.  This spring has been crazy, but we have had a ton of fun amidst the craziness.

Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths.  Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are my God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.  Psalm 25:4-5

2 comments: