Thursday, November 13, 2014

46 weeks & a slowing down November

The weather agreed with me to make us slow down and enjoy family time this month.  We have had to start a fire nearly every day this week, and I am actually loving it!  Thank you Jesus for rest.

 Our sweeties before church on Sunday.  And speaking of church, The Village in Flower Mound has been incredible for us.  We absolutely feel like this will be our church home. 

This was my worst ever weekly photo attempt with either child.  She was JUST NOT HAVING IT.  I was desperate, so I decided to go with it.  Real life, eh?

 I am only including this funny photo because it is so telling of our little Rose and our "real life" (no bows, hair a MESS and full of mischievous laughter). 

I felt like I did need to redeem myself though, so I snapped some photos of Rose today during Grey's nap.  She is such a charmer and people-pleaser.  She is loving to dance now, especially to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse tunes.  She is into EVERYTHING and tastes every single spec of dirt on the floor.  This is the stage I am not a fan of - I get to see just how dirty my floors are each day.  EEK.
We are FINALLY not teething.  We have teethed for a solid month, spending most nights screaming and in pain.  It was brutal.  Rose now has four bottom teeth and 4 top teeth...possibly two more top ones coming soon.
 She has our hearts.  Boy does she ever.



 Grey had her first haircut here today. She did so well I nearly cried.  How are we are the big girl stage already?  Sigh.  I think her little "Bop Bob" is the best. 

 Why not one more of our big girl, since this year's blogging has primarily focused on Rose? :)  Being a toddler is hard work - for both Grey and Mommy - but we are loving the fun stuff this stage has too.  Grey is so intuitive and thoughtful, it's almost humbling.  She has a memory that is unheard of, and loves loves loves to learn and stay busy.

This week has been filled with lots of home-cooked meals, putting Christmas decor out and family games and reading.  I am praying for lots of that to come this month too.

Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.  Galatians 6:7-10

No comments:

Post a Comment