Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Dear Holden,


How has a year gone by?  How has it been a year since we gave you your last kisses on earth?  I didn't know how we could live one day after you went to heaven a year ago.  I didn't know what today would look like at all.  


We miss you so much.  It has taken me a couple of days to write your birthday letter, because I have not been able to put into words what I feel.  I simply miss you.  


By God's unfailing faithfulness towards us, we have made it here today.  We haven't only existed until today, we have found joy and purpose in your life.  


For your birthday, there will be a deep well drilled at an orphanage in Kampala.  Hundreds of people helped support runs on your birthday weekend that has allowed this to be possible.  I remember thinking of how we would plan the 'best birthday party' for you a year ago.  I know you see this is a much better birthday present.  Your birthday has more purpose than I could have imagined.  We will meet those babies one day and tell them about you.  


Happy Birthday to our sweet son.  We couldn't ask God for you to be here with us today.  We love you too much for that.  


Until that day when we will no longer count by days and years....we love you more than we ever have.


~Daddy & Mommy



2 comments:

  1. You absolutely inspire me. You are by far the bravest and most heartfelt person I have ever came into contact with. I haven't actually met you but if I ever do, I just want to give you the biggest hug. I can only hope that I am such a mommy as yourself.

    ReplyDelete