Thursday, December 8, 2011

Stinky without a shower

The town of Snyder has lost water due to the extreme cold weather causing a main water line break.  We have been without water for the last day and a half...but not without warm houses, electricity and the ability to buy as many bottles of water as we would like.  So maybe I should say we have only been without unlimited running water.

This circumstance has made it even more clear to me how blessed we are to be given the stewardship over Holden Uganda.  I am whiny after just 24 hours of not being able to get my daily long, hot shower, even though I am still drinking unlimited amounts of clean bottled water.

It hurts to think of one billion people not having any access ever to clean water.  That is a large number:  1,000,000,000

"The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.'
Matthew 25:40 was on my heart the second I woke up today.  Whether or not we want to face the fact that those around the world are our brothers and sisters, doesn't make it any less true.

1 comment:

  1. You are so right. It's so easy to take the comforts we have an to not appreciate them. I know I am guilty of that. Thank you for the work yall have done in starting Holden Uganda. I continue to be amazed.

    ReplyDelete