Thursday, February 9, 2012

18 months later....

As I look at this month's '28th' coming up, I am surprised our son is nearly 18 months old already.

I do not believe for one second that we would be about 6 weeks away from having a sibling for Holden, if he were a busy, toddling 18 month-old on earth.  Okay, I am positive about that. :)  Grey's life is another testament of God's grace and love to us, and how He is blessing us through Holden's life.  I cannot thank the Lord for Grey, without knowing her sweet existence is here because of how her brother's life is. 

I also do not believe that I would understand humility like I do now.  We have been surrounded by so much love, care, compassion, truth and wisdom from our friends and family in the last 18 months, it is difficult to swallow at times.  I could include this fact in every blog post, since it resonates so true with the way our life has been for 18 months.   Countless times I have told Chet that I feel like I am a "walking, living, breathing thank you card", but one that is terribly lame compared to what we have been given.  Basically we do not have enough days on this earth to start the process of paying forward what God has provided us through His body of believers.  Talk about a humbling challenge...

I believe there are so many amazing, intricate details woven in God's plan for Holden's life, that we are just now discovering and understanding a few of them; and that we won't fully understand all of them until we meet our Savior face to face.

Holden,
I know you have never counted time like we have, but I love that each month I can celebrate your life in a special way on the 28th.  I thought about potty training you today, and how much I would probably be planning that soon.  When I think about silly things like potty training though, I am reminded of how much better Heaven is than earth for you.
As we are about to meet your sister, I pray that her life will bring God glory like yours has.  It is so special to my heart that you and Jesus get to talk about your little sister, and her life plans.  18 months ago I did not ever believe I would be carrying your sibling...but then again, 18 months ago I did not understand how much you would change my life.
Thank you for being a gift to us every day.
Happy 18 months sweetheart.  Daddy and I love you forever.
~Mommy 

Sovereign LORD, you have begun to show to your servant your greatness and your strong hand. For what god is there in heaven or on earth who can do the deeds and mighty works you do? Deuteronomy 3:24 

No comments:

Post a Comment