Grey had her "6 Month" Well Check (at 6.5 months) on Tuesday. I am so glad she didn't react as poorly to this set of vaccines as she did from her 4 month set. She ran a slight fever yesterday, but that was it! Her stats:
- 14 lbs. 7 oz. - 20th percentile (Those chubby cheeks and thunder thighs can be deceiving...our little girl really isn't very heavy. She also has quite a small frame, so I am sure that is another reason she is low-ish on the weight scale)
- 25 1/4 inches long - 30th percentile (I was shocked to see that she had grown length-wise!)
- 16.6 inch head - 50th percentile (Her head is growing a lot --- making room for all that brain!) ;)
- You are scooting forward more and more and are getting up on all fours. You can get to anything you want with a combination of rolling and scooting.
- You are fighting sleep for over an hour at night before finally giving it up. We always say, "At least she is a cute monster!" =)
- Everything goes in your mouth. Everything.
- You have started eating baby food up to three times a day. You are loving it, and I think if it were up to you we would skip bottles and just eat table food and ice water.
- You are a social butterfly! I've only known of about 2 people you have ever not been excited to greet! No matter your mood, you almost always smile at people.
I am trying to slow things down for us this fall, but that has seemed impossible. We do remember to enjoy each minute though...I know they are all gifts. Chet and I have loved getting to know our daughter and grow in love as a family each day. We hope to participate in the Memorial Walk for Babies in Midland on Sunday. What a difference it will be to have full arms at this year's walk.
Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from him. Psalm 62:1b
[I had a different Scripture in mind, but after feeling so tired while typing this I clicked over to Bible Gateway and this was the daily verse. Perfect.]