Saturday, October 20, 2012

ahhh 30!

I think I have dragged my feet to post Grey's 30 week blog long enough.  It's time I just accept that she is THIRTY weeks old! :)


She spent the day at daycare (as usual) on Thursday, while I spent the entire day in Lubbock.  Once again I didn't get a chance to have a great photo shoot, but I did snap a few of my cutie patootie when I arrived home.  She has just recently been allowed to sit on grass without a blanket down.  I figure the natural dirt germs are less dangerous than human germs! :)

At 30 weeks:
  • Sweet princess, you LOVE to hold our hands and 'walk' all over!  You know exactly how to put one foot in front of the other, and can go for about 10 minutes at a time before your legs give out.  You giggle and get so excited to 'walk' when we hold your hands!  
  • Daddy discovered you love to be splashed in the bath!  All this time we have avoided splashing you, but when he did it the other night you cracked up!  We have gotten a kick out of how tickled you are when you are splashed.  Water baby!
  • I found you under my bed one morning this week after I had turned around for about 45 seconds.  You are crazy mobile!
  • You are not babbling or talking as much, but that is okay, because you are working so hard on learning to crawl and walk!
  • You have started spitting up terribly again, even on your medicine and probiotics.  I think your body is attempting to adjust to more formula.  I found a recipe for homemade formula made with a goat's milk base, and I am going to give it a try soon.  Hopefully you will not be too picky about the taste!
  • You continue to love trying solid foods and drinking from regular cups. 
I saw a tiny newborn last night at your first football game (Go Snyder Tigers!), and I ached to kiss your newborn head again.  I pleaded with time to slow down, although you are so fun at this stage!  Daddy and I can't get over how much you learn and change every day.  Your personality brings us such joy - and maybe makes it easy to spoil you. ;)  
By the way, you were enthralled by the game, band and people.  You didn't even notice that it was cold out and past your bedtime!


While I am blogging, I might as well include photos I took yesterday of Grey and her friends' "pumpkin patch" experience.  My friend Erica decided we should just bring the patch to them, since our schedules were not working out to make it to one this fall.  Thanks to our gracious neighbor for letting us borrow her lawn and hay, and Erica for the pumpkins, we had lots of fun!  I may just be able to convince Grey that I was a cool enough mom to take her to a pumpkin patch as a baby. ;) ;)
Grey's friends were a little more excited about pictures than she was.  Grey was mostly excited about eating the pumpkins.
The face I got when I took away her pumpkins.

October definitely showcases my favorite weather in Texas.  We have enjoyed reading books outside every day, and taking gorgeous walks in the evenings.  I really did not ever expect how amazing "full arms" could feel...I am so grateful for each day of watching my sweetie grow up.

So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

No comments:

Post a Comment