Sunday, January 20, 2013

****A WALKING Princess****, Women's Retreat & a late 43 week post!!

I am a few days late posting Grey's 43 week blog since Tisha came to town Thursday through yesterday, and we had more fun than blogging. :)
This was a photo I snapped of Grey before Tisha arrived Thursday:
Chet bought me a spa day at the Woodhouse Day Spa for Christmas, and Jimmy Jim bought Tisha one, so we "cashed it in" on Friday together.  It was ahhhmazing! :)  Then we went to the Keep Calm and Shine On Women's Conference at our church together Friday night and Saturday (Daddy had lots of Grey time).  Jenny Broughton gave a wonderful message about being the daughters of the King of Kings, defining the crowns we will receive in heaven, and being adopted into the Lord's family.  I was thoroughly moved by her testimony and message.  It was a very refreshing, needed weekend!

We decided Grey could wear the crowns we received at the conference:

Our little princess Grey Danelle, daughter of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords...and daughter of Momma's Prince Charming. :)

Not many people in this world get a second chance at having a Mom.  Growing up I definitely had no idea what a real parent was like.  I am forever grateful for Tisha teaching me what parental love looks like in the Word.  I could not have chosen a better mom if that was a choice I had.

More important than posting Grey's "43 Week Notes", she is OFFICIALLY WALKING!!  For a week she has been getting braver with a few steps here and there, but today it looks REAL.  One day when I fill out her baby book I'll be glad I was late posting her 43 week blog, so that I could write Sunday, January 20th, as the day she learned to walk!!  2 days before turning 10 months old!


My baby is growing up.  My heart is loving it, and yet it's so bittersweet.  I just simply cannot believe the graciousness of my Savior.  How do I get to live this life each day?  Simply blessed.

Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, Lord.  Psalm 89:15

No comments:

Post a Comment