Friday, February 1, 2013

Forty Five!

First Daddy blog post for our little forty five week old!


Sarah is running the 3rd annual Hope Mommies retreat this weekend in Comfort TX, so Grey is hanging out with Daddy this weekend and Sarah is entirely too busy to write a blog post.  So please bear with me as this is the first time I have ever written a blog post. 

At 45 weeks Grey is a walking crazy woman!  Getting into anything and everything she can and already starting to eat more than I do, trust me that's impressive.  We thought her favorite foods were broccoli and strawberries, but it turns out her favorite plate of food is "the next one".  In fact the Dr. said Tuesday that she's never seen a baby that just started walking NOT loose weight. But she is still a little small for her age, but very smart (must have her daddy's brain?).

The picture above is Grey laughing and loving the fish tank at our friends Erica and Hayden's house this week.  Looks like we might be investing in tank when she realizes we can buy one for our house. 

I just want to say a few things about my incredible wife and mother to our little princess. Today was only the 3rd or 4th day I have ever spent all day alone with Grey and can definitely say that I have a much easier job than she does.  Sarah gets stuck at home by herself on a weekly basis because my job requires me to travel and work long hours.  She does this without the help of any family or babysitters, while running our Holden Uganda Foundation and Hope Mommies.  I am so incredibly lucky to have Sarah, because I couldn't even think about doing what she does every day with a smile on her face.  Sweetheart, I'm not great at gratitude or acknowledging all the little things that you do everyday, but I know without you our lives would be in shambles.  I love you so much and can't wait for you to be home with us! 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post Chet! We know you are a great Daddy and Sarah is an amazing Mommy! Grey is a lucky girl! Love yall!

    ReplyDelete