Friday, February 21, 2014

Someone turned 8 weeks!

So my blog today will be a bit different than Rose's normal weekly blog.  I will try to describe this week through a few photos.  I actually took the above photo yesterday (Thursday), not Monday.  We were in Brady from Monday through Wednesday, so the house could be PAINTED!

We arrived home to NEW paint!  I am excited to put Rose's nursery together.  Her wall color is "gray horse".  It's a green-toned gray.  I love it in person.  More nursery photos coming soon...


 On Rose's actual "8 week birthday", Rose finally got to meet her cousins Kayson and Cohen!!  We had SO much fun with the cousins.  Grey bonded over pens and markers with those boys.  Rose just enjoyed watching all the kids play.  The photo below was her "actual" 8 week photo.

 Charys snapped this photo of me and Rose (above), and I snapped the one of her and Rose (below).  Rose is just like Grey - in love with Auntie Charys. 
I feel as though this month has not even existed we have been so crazy busy.  Praising God for a day at home that I can get caught up though.  Chet has been working with Grey...I'm telling you, just one kid makes life 20 times easier.  ;)

New paint has been something we've needed since moving in.  So glad to get to do that this week, and even more fun that we spent time with the Ballems and Shuffields in Central Texas while it was being done.  Our home color we chose (for most of the home) is called Valspar Penthouse Stone.  We are having crown moulding installed next week.  I love it.
The hall (girls') bathroom is Benjamin Moore Grey Wisp (similar to RH's silver sage which was my first desire).

Our social worker visit last night was wonderful.  There is a possibility our court date will be moved up.  God is so good.

Rose's official 2 month check up is Monday (she turns 2 months on Sunday), so we will have "real" stats then, but we had to weigh and measure her for our social visit, and.... Rose weighs a whopping 10 pounds and is ... get this ... 23 inches long!  Oh my.  She is going to be so tall! 

Rose is loving life.  She is genuinely the most content little person.  I love learning from her. 

Grey has grown up so much lately.  She and Daddy attended her first Texas Tech baseball game while I threw a baby shower here last weekend.  She is holding my hand in public, which has allowed me to get out more with both kids solo.  She has really stepped into the "big sister shoes" beautifully.  I love having two girls.  Days are filled with tea parties, caring for our babies, dancing, singing and coloring.  Such a precious, fleeting time of our life.

Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common.  Or what fellowship can light have with darkness.  What harmony is there between Christ and Belial?  Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?  What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols?  For we are the temple of the living God.  As God has said: "I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people."  Therfore "Come out from them and be separate, says the Lord. Touch no unclean thing, and I will receive you." 2 Corinthians 6:14-17

No comments:

Post a Comment