Monday, February 24, 2014

A whole lot of "date" milestones ;)


This blog covers Grey's 23 month update, Rose's 2 month update (and 2 month well-check stats from this morning)... PLUS Rose's 9 week photos.  Yes, I am turning into that mom.  Between Saturday and today we hit all those milestones, so why not. :)  I definitely don't have time to blog more than once this week.

 These photos were taken yesterday (2/23) on her second month birthday, and I absolutely love them.  Rose was a HAM and just smiling like crazy every time I said "Wreck 'Em!"  I absolutely cannot ever get enough of her crooked smile.  Swoon.  
Really though.  Is she not the cutest baby on earth?


Grey is 23 months old and certainly the biggest and best helper ever!  She is always capturing our attention and is SO full of life, energy and attitude. ;)  I am EMBARRASSED to admit that I didn't get her 23 month photos taken yet.  She is much more difficult to photograph these days.  Being a toddler means she is NOT a fan of the camera.  This blurry photo I snapped from my phone at Rose's appointment this morning sums up so much of her though.  She is silly, loves dancing, snacking and is always giving us a "new" face:
I don't know Grey's exact stats, but we weighed her last week, and she was 25 pounds!  I still cannot believe she is turning two next month.  It feels surreal.  Actually, it still feels surreal that we are even blessed with a child on earth... wow.  I am planning her sweet little birthday party, which is hard on my heart.  2?!!!!  She is wearing 18-24 month clothes, size 5 shoes and size 5 diapers.  

Grey has stepped into the big sister role so beautifully.  She and Daddy have had lots of one-on-one time lately, while Rose and I stay home more.  She has found a new love for drawing (thanks to cousins Kayson and Cohen), loves her dolls and mimics everything I do with Rose with them and her bunnies.  We are so blessed to call her our daughter.

Rose turned 2 months old yesterday and 9 weeks today.  Her 2 month well check was today, which was a bit hard on my heart.  She took the shots TERRIBLY, and just had an all-around sad time there.  (WAY unlike her!  She's normally the calmest, happiest baby on earth.  I think that is what made it SO hard on me.  I choked on tears alllll day.)  She is my little light, and seeing her sad was almost more than I could bear.

Rose's 2 month stats:
9 lbs. 14 oz. (25%)
23 inches long (75%)
15.2 inches head circumference (60%)

She is going to be tall and thin I think! :)

Rose is:
Growing like a weed!
Eating about 3.5 ounces at a time, every 2-3 hours
Wearing 3 month outfits
Wearing size 1 diapers
Truly the easiest and calmest baby there ever was
Our family's littlest bundle of joy



Every day I am amazed at how perfect Rose fits into our family.  God is more amazing than I can even think.  Every event in our lives had to fit exactly the way they happened for Rose to be an Erwin.  It's beautiful --- and beauty from ashes. 

February is coming to an end, which just blows my mind.  Our days go by so quickly.  Two makes everything crazy, but definitely so much fun.  I am still working Nerium quite a bit during the day, and Chet is still busy with work.  He's been working in Oklahoma a lot, so we are managing life without him during the week.  It's not easy (if I am honest), but I am grateful for the precious friendships I have made here in Lubbock.  Sisters in Christ encourage, teach and help.   They are HUGE to my heart and life.  Especially as a mom!

I am personally struggling to fit everything that needs to be done in each day.  I am committing to more time in the Word.  I have not been in the Word nearly enough, and my soul is hungry.  

 For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. Hebrews 4:12



No comments:

Post a Comment