Monday, March 10, 2014

Rose is 11 weeks and big accomplishments for Grey!

 Miracles happen!  I'm actually blogging on MONDAY - her actual week birthday.  This is the best Monday we have had in over a month.  I think we are finally adjusting to Chet working in Oklahoma. 



I snapped some other photos I must share as well this week...Is she not the cutest baby on earth?  I cannot handle her cuteness.  All of us are so wrapped by her love, crooked grin, squealing giggles, red hair, black eyelashes, blue eyes, snuggly personality and soft kisses.


Our littlest is 11 weeks old, and so full of love and personality.  She truly is the EASIEST baby.  I know I say that every week, but really.  She is.

Sadly Rose came down with her first sickness this past week.  It was bound to happen with big sister catching it two weeks ago.  We are so grateful for our Young Living oils though, as 4 days later she started to feel so much better, and today she is almost 100% again.  (No doctor appointment too!)  She is growing like a weed!  She LOVES eating and I have even put some 6-9 month pajamas on her for length. 

I absolutely MUST blog about Grey's HUGE accomplishment this past weekend:

GREY IS OFFICIALLY PACI FREE!!  This was the most difficult habit we have ever had to "break" as a family.  I realize a pacifier addiction is a family addiction, rather than just a toddler addiction.  We were the ones shoving it in her mouth since birth to calm and appease her.  Whew was this NOT easy.  This was our fourth (and final) attempt.  We had tried snipping the ends off, etc. and nothing worked.  So on Thursday when I dropped her off at school, I told her teacher, "This is the last paci we have.  When it's lost, we are done!"  I never imagined I would pick Grey up and hear, "Well, I guess you guys are done with pacifiers.  Grey really did lose it during outside play!"  There were tears and HOURS ... HOURS of screaming ... but we are officially paci free.  We are SO proud of Grey.  She has been such a big girl, and it was not an easy transition with everything else going on lately.

To celebrate, we took her to see the penguins at the Science Spectrum, painted her nails (like a big girl), and did "big girl things" all weekend.  Grey has grown up tremendously this past month.  She is my helper and "little momma" who never tires of taking care of little sister.  She makes my heart glad, and humbles me each day. 



 But thanks be to God, who always leads us as captives in Christ’s triumphal procession and uses us to spread the aroma of the knowledge of him everywhere.  For we are to God the pleasing aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing.  
2 Corinthians 2:14-15

No comments:

Post a Comment