Monday, December 1, 2014

Thanksgiving Week 2014, Rose's first and Grey's third

 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 
1 Thessalonians 5:18
Today, December 1st, means we are now in Rose's birthday month.  I still can't wrap my mind around this.  I expected to accept it easier with the second child, but instead I think it's almost harder.  Rose is our last baby, and we are both having a hard time with her turning one.  Such a precious, wonderful year.

Thanksgiving week - and these past two weeks - have been filled with sweet family times.  Because of Chet's surgery, we had to lay low and not travel anywhere for Thanksgiving.  I liked it more than any other we've had.  It was needed and wonderful to focus on gratitude as a family.

I am also a week behind on blogging again.  I think that should just be expected as the "norm" now. ;)  Let's walk through these last 7 or 8 days in photos, okay?

 Weekly Photo fun!  Getting harder and harder.  Whew only a few more weeks!


These photos are a little out of order, but I am going with it!  Rose needs a nap and I need to hurry up and type. 
 The Ballems came over after Thanksgiving and spent Friday and Saturday with us.  We went to the Downtown Christmas Celebration in McKinney with them.  The kids had an absolute BLAST riding the carousel, sledding (Kayson and Cohen sledded since our girls were not quite big enough), riding the ferris wheel, etc.  It was a wonderful time - and I am so glad our neighbors told us about it and invited us to go!!
 Rose loved her first carousel ride!!
 The cousins posing for a photo on the sleigh.
 Of course we needed some Thanksgiving Cousin shoot goodness.
 Now for Thanksgiving Day itself:  Grey and I cooked the whole meal ourselves, since we didn't want to have to skip the good food just because we weren't with extended family.  She was such a big helper, and genuinely made my job easier.  I look forward to years and years of cooking with my daughters.  Precious memories!

 Thanksgiving Day Erwin Family Selfie ;)


 Our two turkeys this past week.
 My big girl today.  I had to post this one because she gets a lot fewer photos these days.
 Rose cried in the church nursery yesterday, so I was called in to get her.  She was happy as can be once I picked her up.  A weeeeee bit spoiled, eh? ;)

A SNEAK PEEK of the fabulous birthday photos Lexie snapped of Rose.  SWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOON!




This is what God the Lord says—
the Creator of the heavens, who stretches them out,
    who spreads out the earth with all that springs from it,
    who gives breath to its people,
    and life to those who walk on it:
“I, the Lord, have called you in righteousness;
    I will take hold of your hand.
I will keep you and will make you
    to be a covenant for the people
    and a light for the Gentiles, 
 to open eyes that are blind,
    to free captives from prison
    and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness.
Isaiah 42:5-7

No comments:

Post a Comment