Thursday, March 17, 2011

Japan

The news this past week has yet again slapped me in the face with perspective.  I desperately struggle with my "own little world syndrome".  Almost every single day I get caught up in my day-to-day life, so much so, that I forget I live amongst nearly 7 billion other hurting people.

It is astonishing to get upset over a fellow driver on the road who clearly doesn't know what he is doing...

it is hard to worry about my never-ending emails to answer...

it is hard to fret over dust, laundry, dishes and dog hair...

silly to think about what 'stresses' the day holds...

...when there are thousands dying hopeless today.

I am meditating on Paradise a lot lately.  "But the other criminal rebuked him.  "Don't you fear God," he said, "since you are under the same sentence?  We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve.  But this man has done nothing wrong."  Then he said, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom."  Jesus answered him, Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise."  Luke 23:40-44  

What a day it will be when there will be no hurt, no tears, no sorrow.  Only paradise.  

I had to stop for a while today and truly pray for our neighbors across the Pacific Ocean.  What if it was us?

No comments:

Post a Comment