Thursday, July 12, 2012

16 Weeks of love!

Our little 16 week old is down for a nap, so I better get this blog out before we are back up!  Our naps have been exceptionally short due to our bothersome [teething] gums this week...so I'm crossing my fingers!  I am reminded why I choose not to add a ton of photos from the week on many of these weekly blogs!  They take longer than her average nap to email and download, etc., but I have certainly enjoyed being able to go back and see how much she's grown at any specific week.

We haven't had a chance to have our weekly "iPhone photo shoot" today, since we had a great lunch playdate with Jozee, and have been busy all morning and afternoon, but here are a couple we snapped today:

My bright-eyed beauty.  Inside and out.

You can see how BIG my little girl has gotten!  She is giving my arms a workout now!  I saw her in the full-length mirror this morning, and couldn't get over how my tiny little peanut has grown into such a big, healthy baby!

From this week--

Friday:
Contagious smiles!  She loves to grab her blankies and pull them over her face when she's laughing at us.  

Saturday:
=) 
Sunday:
Grey spent her first time in the church nursery on Sunday, and did great!  She was happy -all of the times we checked on her- and even fell asleep in her Aunt Queena's arms, burped for Mrs. Kacie *without spitting up* and cuddled with Mrs. Rebecca!  If we didn't have the sweetest friends for nursery caregivers, I certainly would not be able to take Grey there!  I am glad to say I think we will be able to pay attention to the sermon once again.  ;)

Monday:
One of my favorite photos of Grey, ever.  It's not posed, and was taken in her car seat in Wal-Mart.  But boy oh boy is it special to my heart.  First off, she is wearing her special "Holden Uganda" bow; enough to make my heart melt.  Secondly, it was taken during a time I was not being a pleasant person.  I was impatient and frustrated with our Wal-Mart pharmacy, waiting on them to fill a prescription that was called in four days prior, in sweats and little makeup, NOT in the mood to see everyone in Snyder, exhausted from very little sleep... and there was my girl sitting in her hot, sweaty car seat, hungry and in pain from teething, smiling away through bouts of tears.  I love how God chooses to use our children to teach us lessons.  I wasn't even smiling at her or talking to her when she smiled up at me.  Ouch.  Precious.

Tuesday:
I just think she looks so grown up in this photo.  It's her new "serious face" she gives me all the time, and it makes my heart overwhelmed.

Look at my wittle chubby wubby.  Is there anything cuter than baby chub?

Wednesday:
Happy Girl likes to chew on her fingers all day!

Happy Grey, this week you:

  • Have had lots of playdates!  Momma feels more organized and capable of taking you out, and we have loved our playdates nearly every day!  I am so glad we have lots of friends with babies born this year.  You are going to grow up with such SWEET, precious lifelong buddies!  I think you, Henry and Jonas are going to be the Three Amigos! ;) (Or two amigos and one amiga)
  • Have grown very strong physically.  You are trying to pull yourself up to sit and stand constantly.  
  • Weigh 11.7-ish lbs, and I think that is about to increase!  We have hit another growth spurt.  You are almost able to keep down 4 oz. of your bottle at a time.
  • Laugh at the many hilarious things around you.  Tuesday night you were laughing hysterically at Henri.    Henri was rolling on the floor and clearly that is the funniest thing ever. ;)
  • Have shown us your tender side daily.  You love peaceful atmospheres more and more, especially when you don't feel well.
  • Are the best thing to wake up to!  It doesn't matter if you nap for 1 minute or sleep for 10 hours during the night, you wake up THRILLED to be alive!  THANK YOU JESUS FOR LIFE!
So that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith.  And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord's holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge - that you may be filled to the measure of all the fulness of God.  Ephesians 3:17-19

No comments:

Post a Comment