Monday, July 30, 2012

Liebster Blog Award

Okay, I think I am a tad confused about what the Liebster Award is, but a huge thanks to my sweet friend Allison for nominating me for it.  I think it sounds fun - and Grey is napping at the moment, so why not give it a shot.  Definitely beats dusting!  (Though I am pretty positive whoever judges the Liebster Award might think I need counseling with as much as I blog about our baby(ies)!  Whoever you are: I just like them.  A LOT.)

Allison, I am copying the rules from your blog:
  • Post 5 random facts about yourself
  • Choose 5 other deserving blogs with less than 200 subscribers to nominate and link their blogs in your post.
  • Tell your nominees you have chosen them for this award by leaving a comment on their blogs.
  • Answer the 5 questions the tagger has asked you and ask your own 5 questions to the people you nominate.
  • No tag backs.
For the rule following (I hope I am doing this right?):

5 Random Facts About Me:
1.  I was home schooled all 12 years of primary and high school.  The old-school fanny pack wearing, huge thick glasses, jumpers with socks and tennis shoes, home school girl... yep... that was me.
2.  I have traveled to all 50 US states.
3.  I have been told by many people that I am "shy", "private" and/or "introverted".  This really is so strange to me since I feel like I am very outgoing and not shy.  Yet for a few years I continue to get people telling me this.  Wouldn't the fact that I blog publicly say a little about me not being private? ;)
4.  If coffee didn't have some [possible] health risk at 30 cups a day, I would probably drink 30 cups a day.
5.  I swore I would never, ever date seriously in college.  I met Chet in the second semester of my freshman year.  Never say never, right?

My 5 6 Nominations (I hope this doesn't disqualify me, but I really enjoy these 6 blogs and could've easily picked 10):



(Most talented writer I have ever known, as well as a super mom!)




The Englert Family News

Ladies, I know you are all SUPER busy moms, who dust instead of blog, so I understand if you cannot do this.  But you certainly DESERVE the award!

Questions from Allison to me:
1.
Q. If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go and why?
A.  Chet and I would LOVE to go to Europe one day.  We are planning this for our 10th anniversary, and would like to travel to as many countries as possible in Europe.  We both love history and other cultures, so it would be a dream to see history "in person"!
[I would have answered "Uganda", but since that WILL happen soon (not just a dream), I will leave Europe as my answer. :)]
2.
Q.  What is your perfect meal?
A.  Laughable maybe, but I am serious when I say a grilled cheese sandwich, pickle, chips and fruit.  Yes, this is what I enjoyed on my birthday for dinner.  I am a simple girl, and enjoy no-fuss comfort good.  More than I should.
3.
Q.  What is your biggest pet peeve?
A.  Oh shoot.  I thought about this the other day when I was contemplating the fact that I get frustrated by people too easily.  Especially since my Savior forgives me a 1000 times a day.  I have a lot of pet peeves, sadly, though the one that gets my riled up a lot lately are bad drivers.  I have PRECIOUS CARGO people!  PLEASE stay in your lane, look at the road and not your phone, etc.  Since having Grey I have been run off the road twice by texting teens...I used to not care near as much, but now I would like to give those kiddos a talking to since I have my little gift riding with me.
4.
Q.  Would you consider yourself messy or clean?  Why?
A.  In my mind, I am a clean and orderly person.  One of my favorite smells is a freshly bleached home, and I would rather spend money replacing our old windows in our house to fend off the annoying West Texas dust than go on a dream shopping trip...but my new life with a baby means my home isn't nearly as clean as it used to be.  I still manage the laundry daily though, since more than one or two loads stacked up literally physically makes me cringe. ;)
Ohhh...and if anyone of my pregnant friends reads my blog: I would MUCH rather come clean for you after your baby is born than cook for you.  I get intimidated by your chef skills. ;)
5.
Q.  What is something you couldn't live without?
A.  Other than people (I won't even think about losing anyone else I hold dear), I would profess that I am a high-maintenace person since there are many things I would not like to live without:  a toothbrush, coffee, soap and clean water, my phone...my list could go on and on.  I am spoiled and trying to adjust my attitude about possessions.

5 Questions for my blog nominees:
1.  If given an extra $1,000, how would you spend it?
2.  If given 5 hours of [kid-free] time to spend, what would you do?
3.  What is your favorite Bible verse/passage and why?
4.  What inspires you to blog?
5.  What is your favorite thing about each of your children?

Let's have fun!!  Thanks again Allison!

To make everyone feel better about their houses (see question #4), I'll include a current photo of the mess I call our office/guest bedroom.  This is my Monday project. (The trash bag in the picture is not trash; it's full of HUF bracelets)

Look who woke up to help me finish this blog:

POST EDIT:
After thinking about it, I was like, "OH oh!  I need to nominate her!  And her!  And her!" Needless to say, I have a lot of friends with the ability to write creative and fun blogs.  I wish I could nominate them all for "Liebster" (dear, beloved) awards!  

You are the light of the world.  A town built on a hill cannot be hidden.  Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl.  Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.  In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.  Matthew 5:14-16

1 comment:

  1. Great job Sarah! I love it! Thanks for playing along!!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete