Friday, August 3, 2012

19 Weeks!

And we are a day late again! :)  I never knew being a stay-at-home mom could be so busy.

My sweetie, who usually fights her weekly photo shoot, was in a GREAT mood yesterday.
Strong enough to not fall down on supported sitting! 
 Completely describes her lately - checking everything out!

19 weeks old, and you have a ZEST FOR LIFE!  These are some of the cool things we love about you this week:
  • You 'happy scream' so much we have had to raise our voices to hear each other.  I love that you are so exuberantly thrilled to be alive!  Yesterday during our playdate with friends, you were so loud, I'm sure you just wanted us to know you were demanding to be the center of attention. ;)
  • You're a wiggle worm.  You always have been, but you are getting to a stage that I feel like we are in a constant wrestling match.   You make a cute wrestler!
  • You tried (and love) sweet potatoes!  This is your first "baby food" experience (rice cereal doesn't exactly count since you've had it mixed in your bottles for months now).  I didn't expect you to nearly jump out of your Bumbo chair reaching for more.  You finish off the entire little bowl each evening, and wave your arms and squeal for more when I don't go fast enough.  Yay for food!  We are giving you just one veggie to try each week, to watch for reactions/allergies.  Up next on your menu: green beans.  Mmm!
  • Your hair has lightened to a strawberry blonde.  I bet you end up brunette, but it's fun to have this color for now!
  • And my favorite---- you started mimicking us this week!  You will click, stick out your tongue and make sounds when we do.  We make faces and noises for hours together each day.  LOVE!
Two more from yesterday:
 Rolling to give Momma a kiss!
Look how much Henry is catching up to Grey!  Truth be told, his two months younger self is longer than Grey, but our little lady has some chubs on him.  Yesterday was the first time they have looked at each other and held hands and seemed to like each other's company.

The second bullet point is why I am unable to add any more photos from the rest of this past week.  We are FULL OF LIFE in Momma's arms right now! :)

I love you endlessly sweet girl.

It has given me great joy to find some of your children walking in the truth, just as the Father commanded us.  And now, dear lady, I am not writing you a new command but one we have had from the beginning.  I ask that we love one another.  And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands.  As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.  
2 John 4-6

(I love that 2 John was written to a woman, talking about her children!  Great lesson!)

No comments:

Post a Comment