This week has been a very exhausting one for our whole family. Truth be told I should not be blogging but catching up on the TONS of Holden Uganda work calling to me. Oh well. :) Chet has worked a LOT of hours and I have been babysitting all week. It's fun to have another little cutie pie to play with, but whew...I really... really really look up to moms of multiples.
I did not do an official photo shoot with Grey today, although I did one with Jozee. ha! Grey, please forgive me for that one day. Jozee's mom packed her several cute Christmas outfits, that I just couldn't resist. Poor babies who stay here. It's basically 'house rules' to be snapped 1000 times a day! I did get a few of Grey in a Christmas dress our sweet friend gave her yesterday though. I adore hand-me-downs:
I snapped this one with my phone earlier this week. This precious smocked dress was a gift from a dear prayer warrior in my life...and I will certainly be doing a real photo shoot in it soon (of course)! ;)
I am a new sucker for holiday apparel. Kids change you.
Speaking of kids changing you - the above dress was iron-on hemmed by the wearer's daddy. True story. These babies have a way of changing our lives in the most wonderful way!
Grey, at 37 weeks:
- You want to take off and walk from a stand, but are still cautious. You babble and scream as if you are saying how badly you want to just do it!
- You are QUICK. Oh my. You could win a crawling race when you want something.
- You are following directions!! We can just SAY "Grey click" (instead of clicking ourselves) and you will do it! You also can give me your arm when I ask you as I am dressing you, and can "find kitty". I am SO impressed by this new 'trick'. :)
- You try manipulating us in the cutest of ways. When we say "no", you turn your head sideways and laugh. Oh boy.
- You spent a couple hours with babysitters on Monday! They were two sweet ACU students who watched you and Cai so that we could have a Hope Mommies lunch. You seemed to like them a lot, although you were glad to see me. :) Yay!
- Your hair is getting wavy and a slight curl is forming in the back. I'm in love.
- You crack your own self up. This of course cracks us up.
- You are the sweetest snuggler when you are finally worn out. I cherish these snuggles, as they are becoming rarer.
- You are truly a sunbeam.
I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me - just as the Father knows me and I know the Father - and I lay down my life for the sheep. John 10:14-15