Saturday, December 15, 2012

Isaiah 61

I was not able to write Grey's 38 week post Thursday.  Then yesterday, I woke up excited about it being Holden Uganda's 2nd anniversary, and wanted to blog about that too...  I was about to sit at the computer to write when I learned of the horror in Connecticut; I was at a loss for words.

2 1/2 years ago I claimed Isaiah 61 over our lives.  2 years ago Holden Uganda was founded and we have been humbled to experience our Redeemer, Comforter and Prince of Peace restore joy and turn ashes into beauty.  Today, I claim Isaiah 61 over the families in Connecticut.

My heart has not ached over a news story like this in my entire life.  As I held and kissed my daughter last night, my heart cried for the mommies who went home to empty bedrooms and Christmas presents under their trees that will never be unwrapped.

This is a picture of our sweet girl sharing a precious story with me at 38 weeks:

I will catch up with what she has been up to next week.

My Mommy heart and my educator heart is torn...

And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  
Philippians 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment