Friday, March 15, 2013

51 Weeks

Yesterday was very emotional for me.  I know my weekly updates for Grey's first year are coming to an end... not to mention she is about to be 1!  I know there are SO many wonderful things to look forward to with each stage and age; I would like time to slow down a little though.  Sigh.

I don't mean to be biased (although I know I am), but Grey is the happiest baby I have ever known.  She is pure energy and JOY all the time.

The springtime weather was LOVELY yesterday, so we enjoyed discovering things in our yard and a cupcake (for me) and park day with friends:

We get a glimpse of big brother in his little sister's love for dirt, sticks and mud. ;)

Park days are the BEST!  She fearlessly climbs the structures and goes down the big slides!

I snapped a few photos this morning too, so why not share? :)  
In 30 seconds, she gives a lot of expressions.  :)


"Where's your tummy Grey?"

I can't get enough of these rolls.

We have really noticed Grey's increased maturity in so many ways lately.  She is communicating more, instead of getting frustrated easily.  She is always trying to make us laugh and figure out what is going on.  It is never a dull moment around here.

I cannot believe that at this time last year we were praying each moment for our daughter's health, while on hospitalized bedrest.  It's almost surreal to imagine what God has done for our family in the past 3 years.  

Grey, at almost one year old, you are AMAZING:
  • You know where many body parts are, including your tummy, ears, nose (okay so you think your mouth is your nose, but that is close) and feet.
  • You dance on beat.
  • You try to babble/mimic almost anything, though they don't actually turn into real [English] words.
  • You love being outside.  Sticks, leaves, grass, flowers, dirt, mud, all of it.  
  • You are the most inquisitive person I have ever known.
  • You light up our days.  I love you infinitely my little Boppy.
I prayed this Scripture over you the day I found out we were pregnant, and every day since then.  God has blessed you my daughter:
Then you will understand what is right and just and fair - every good path.  For wisdom will enter your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul.  Discretion will protect you, and understanding will guard you. Proverbs 2:9-11

No comments:

Post a Comment