Monday, March 18, 2013

Birthday Week - Prayers for Grey


Prayers for my beautiful daughter 
Grey Danelle Erwin
These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts.  Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.  Deuteronomy 6:6-7

 I pray that you will come to know Christ and follow Him:
If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.”  Romans 10:9-11

I pray that you recognize evil and hate it:
Let those who love the Lord hate evil, for he guards, the lives of his faithful one and delivers them from the hand of the wicked.  Psalm 97:10

I pray that your sins will be brought to light:
It was good for me to be afflicted so that I might learn your decrees. Psalm 119:71

I pray for your protection against evil:
 My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one.  John 17:15

I pray that you will be kind and forgiving towards others:
Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.  Ephesians 4:32

I pray that you’ll have the courage to stand up for what is right:
“Be strong and very courageous.  Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go.  Joshua 1:7

I pray that you will have respect for authority:
Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established.  The authorities that exist have been established by God.  Romans 13:1

I pray that you will choose wise friends:
Walk with the wise and become wise, for a companion of fools suffers harm.  Proverbs 13:20

I pray that you will marry the Godly man the Lord has chosen for your life.  Second to salvation, this is the greatest decision you will make:
Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?  What harmony is there between Christ and Belial?  Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?  What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols?  For we are the temple of the living God.  As God has said: “I will live with them
  and walk among them,
and I will be their God,
  and they will be my people.” Therefore “Come out from them and be separate,
says the Lord.
Touch no unclean thing,  and I will receive you.” 2 Corinthians 6:14-17

I pray that you will have Godly love in your marriage:
Many waters cannot quench love; rivers cannot sweep it away. If one were to give all the wealth of one’s house for love, it would utterly be scorned.  Song of Solomon 8:7


I pray that you will love the Word of God and hide it in your heart:
I have hidden your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you. Psalm 119:11

I pray that you will guard your heart against evil and choose right.  It will be your continual source of joy and life:
Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.  Proverbs 4:23

I pray that your words and thoughts will be on the Lord:
May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight,
    Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.  Proverbs 19:14

I pray that you will seek God’s guidance daily:
Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life.  Psalm 143:8
In all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:6

I pray that you will submit to God and resist the devil:
Submit yourselves, then, to God.  Resist the devil and he will flee from you.  James 4:7


I pray for a hedge of protection around you:
Therefore I will block her path with thornbushes;

    I will wall her in so that she cannot find her way.  Hosea 2:6

I pray that you will always have the joy and peace of the Lord:
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. 
Romans 15:13

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! What a wonderful first birthday gift to your precious baby girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous post! Happy birthday to your beautiful girl!

    ReplyDelete