I am blogging this on SATURDAY morning, before Rose's "Sip n See". Yikes. Life with two has me really behind.
Grey's hit some amazing milestones this month!!:
- She finally left size 4 diapers for good. She was in them for most of her life it seems. ;) Size 5 are so much cooler these days. So is our big girl potty that once in a while we use. Eek…official potty training is right around the corner.
- She only has a pacifier for bedtime and nap time. This was a TRIAL, but she is finally okay with it. Well, more okay with it. We are weaning entirely by 2 years. I don't even want to say the words "2 years". Sigh. :(
- She is saying a TON of words. I know she is still behind her peer level, but she is catching up much quicker than any other time.
- drummmmm roll…… She is sleeping the entire night in her big girl bed, from 8pm-7am. Who knew this was even possible. Secretly I think her Daddy is missing her baby snuggles from 3am on. ;) I know I am missing them! That's no secret. But it's so good to know she is getting good "normal" sleep.
Grey's favorite hobbies (we've spent a lot of time indoors - boo!) lately are:
- Watching videos of herself on the iPhone
- Color sorting
- Playing with her babies and stuffed animals
- Reading books
- HELPING ROSE! :)
To type that Rose is one month makes me a mess. I honestly cannot get over how quick this second time around is going. Grey's milestones seemed to zoom by, but these ones are going by in a blink. My heart is not handling it well.
Realizing Rose wasn't even a thought in our minds until less than five months ago, and wasn't a part of our family until 4 months ago, is truly unbelievable. She is the most perfect addition and completes our family in the sweetest way. She is a JOY, a BLESSING and simply PERFECT. When people say, "How is Rose as a baby?" I never reply with much other than perfect. Because really there is no other word to adequately describe her. She is heaven.
Rose has hit some big milestones too, at one month old:
- She has held her bottle and paci a few times. What.
- She rolled over on her 1 month birthday morning (Thursday) on the bed, but I refuse to believe that is anything more than a fluke. ;)
- She is growing like CRAZY and eats a good 3 oz. every 2-3 hours.
- She weighs 8 lbs.
- She is smiling every day!
- She is now in size 0-3 months and can only wear one or two newborn outfits.
- She is sleeping for up to four hours at a time during the night. She hasn't once mixed days and nights yet (unless her tummy has been upset).
Oh, how abundant is your goodness, which you have stored up for those who fear you and worked for those who take refuge in you, in the sight of the children of mankind! Psalm 31:19