Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Rose at 5 weeks - and her SIP n SEE!

Sweet girl turned 5 weeks old yesterday, and I just can't get over how much she has changed.  Being her mommy is bliss … she seriously cannot be any easier or sweeter.  We've started calling her Bits…for a bit of heaven.  Uh oh…we may have Bits and Bop…two girls who may hate that one day.




Rose is:

  • Eating a TON during the day, about 3.5 ounces every 2 hours!  This is perfectly okay with me, because:
  • She sleeps like a champ at night!!  She totally gets the day/night schedule spot on, and last night I actually had to wake her up at 5 hours to eat!
  • An early bird!  She wakes up earlier than big sister (usually stays up at her 4 or 5am feeding)…which means EARLY.  Thank God for an early family to be a part of, eh?
  • Able to hold her head up for very small amounts of time.  
  • Still super laid back and always cheerful, unless her digestion is slow :(. 
  • Probably going to be blue-eyed!  Her eyes keep getting "bluer", which is almost comical to me.  We will have two blue-eyed girls, neither of which had biological parents with blue eyes.  
Rose's Sip n See was this Saturday.  It was truly the most gorgeous shower I have EVER seen, only tied with Holden's.  Valerie, Charys and the other awesome hostesses (Lindsay, Darci, Meagan and Carrie) went WAY overboard.  Of course.  It was dreamy.  These are some of the photos:





























We received a painting estimate and plan to paint within the next few weeks.  Thank goodness, because we are finally painting Rose's nursery with the rest of the house!!  I am always so decisive about paint colors, but for some reason I cannot figure out what color I want to use for her room.  Any suggestions?  I need help!

Grey and Rose are BOTH napping, so I need to get busy with some Nerium work!

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.  Psalm 46:1

No comments:

Post a Comment