Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Rose at 4 weeks…and big sister Grey



Getting long!

I have accepted the fact that I will likely be blogging Rose's weekly updates on Tuesdays during Grey's nap time.  At least the photos are taken on the correct day (Mondays). ;)

Rose is:
  • Growing like a weed!  We are really inching ourselves out of newborn.  I can only put her in maybe two newborn outfits now.  She is so long and getting chunkier by the day.
  • Over 8lbs on our bathroom scale!
  • Holding her paci in with both hands.  She has always reached for it, but now she is actually holding it.
  • Trying to roll over already.  I guess we will have two early rollers in the house!  I think big sister is plotting against me and teaching little sister all her tricks.  ;)
  • Wanting to be held most of the day.  She is no longer satisfied with a bouncer or swing.  The snuggles are such a sweet reminder of how quick time flies by.
  • Such an incredibly good and amazing baby.  She is what any book and anyone would call the "perfect baby".  Truly.  I am not even being biased.  She sleeps well, eats well, is happy and calm, and loves to snuggle.  I can't get enough of her.  I stare at her and get baby fever all day long.  The only cure is more snuggles. 
I am learning how to manage life with two, which also includes getting out of the house.  Eek.  We enjoyed a beautiful day at the park with friends and then lunch out yesterday, and I am pretty sure it was a comedy to watch me.  I know it'll get easier, but wowza.  I need more practice…which thankfully I will get.  Even with a Boba wrap and help from my friend, I looked like a mom who had quads to juggle.  ;)  

Grey is almost 22 months (tomorrow) and Rose is 1 month Thursday.  I will blog both their milestones on Thursday or Friday!  I am trying to soak up each moment of them little together.  I know they'll be sharing teenage closets in just a blink.  Grey is becoming quite the helper and is genuinely helpful!  I am way amazed and impressed at how each day is slowly getting more normal and easier.  Her attention-seeking [negative] behaviors are diminishing too, which is such a blessing.  I love my sweet big girl back!  And the way she adores Rose is hands down the sweetest thing to watch.

To celebrate being "big", we had cupcakes yesterday.  Rose watched, Grey and I enjoyed. :)  


such a character!
 I have been a little concerned that I am not doing enough "educational" things with Grey, so I am really trying to incorporate some education into each morning and afternoon.  I am a firm believer that kids learn as they play, but I also want her to be challenged as well.  She is loving sorting colors these days.  The only four color names she can say right now are blue - "boo", yellow - "yayo", pink "peek" and purple, which surprisingly sounds exactly like "purple" (how she chose the hardest one to say, and says it correctly we will never know).  She CAN sort all the colors though! :)

So blessed.  

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.  Bear with each other and forgive on another if any of you has a grievance against someone.  Forgive as the Lord forgave you.  And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.  Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace.  And be thankful.  
Colossians 3:12-15

No comments:

Post a Comment