Sunday, April 24, 2011

New life

We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may have a new life.  Romans 6:4

Holden, 


I know you are always celebrating the HOPE of new life that Jesus has given us through salvation.  What it must be like to celebrate with the Reason for our hope!  Your Daddy and I wish you were here with us today, but we know you are in the best place of all.  All day I thanked Jesus for giving us the promise of eternal life with you, sweet baby.  It was difficult to drive by all the sweet children hunting eggs this morning, because I miss spending each special moment with you, not because I think you are missing these earthly activities.     


We live for that Glorious Day!  Happy 1st Easter son! 


I love you sweetie, 
Mommy

There has not been a time since Holden's birthday that I have been this refreshed.  Easter reminded me again what a glorious, redemptive HOPE we have because of the Cross.  I actually made it through most of today without crying...I know we will see our firstborn again, all because of the sacrifice made on the Cross.  Thank you Jesus!

We spent yesterday (Erwin Easter) at Chet's parents house.  Chet and the men in his family hauled rocks while the ladies talked and baked in the sun.  I am definitely a little too pink today, but the sun felt so nice for a change.  (I know I live in Texas where it's always sunny, but I just don't have time to get out in it at all!)  Chet's brother got a bunny for his kids, and I think I liked it as much as they did.  :)  Meet Roger:

Church was a perfect way to start our Easter this morning.  As we sang Christ is Risen, I thought about how much He has conquered death.  I know I wouldn't have made it past the first verse without crying 8 months ago.  

We had a wonderfully quiet lunch of pizza together (we may be the oddest couple, but I was would trade a stress free lunch for a fancy Easter meal any day).  Then I convinced Chet to run to Wal-Mart for some plants, flowers and mulch to get rid of the "winter dead".  6 hours later, we are sore and sunburnt (even more), but finally have a pretty front yard!

The whole time we were planting, I thought about the last time our flower bed had been changed:  We had returned home from the hospital after losing Holden to a flowerbed full of breathtakingly beautiful flowers.  Our Sunday School class truly knew how to do something incredibly meaningful; they planted new life.  I meditated about this a lot today, as I was sweating.  They worked hard to give us bright, new life in our yard.  It was very bittersweet to work on the flowerbed...Chet and I were both hit by these emotions as we worked.

Here are some photos, although I still need to work on some things. (i.e. Get new pillows for the bench one day, but I am not in a hurry, since it is really trivial in the scheme of people dying worldwide from malnutrition.)




And here's one from my iPhone of the lights working this evening:

New life is refreshing.

Thank you Jesus for your blessed promise.  Happy Easter everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Thought of you today in the middle of church. So glad today was a day of hope for you too. I agree that it was a feeling of being refreshed...and on days like this, where we celebrate victory over death, I feel SO close to our little ones waiting there! :)

    And, I love the new flowers and plants! What a fitting thing to do today...planting seeds of new life. It's just what you and Chet are doing across the world too...all because your precious Holden lives!!

    Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flower bed is so lovely- HUGS!

    ReplyDelete