Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

My two beautiful children. 

Yesterday was such a special one for our family.  After losing Holden, I wondered if I would ever have a baby to hold on Mother's Day.  I woke up and kissed my precious sweetie, and thanked God for her life.  I know she is a gift that can never be taken for granted.  

We were able to publicly dedicate our sweet baby girl to the Lord at church yesterday.  I had looked forward to this day since March 22, when she entered the world screaming.  I knew Holden was already with Jesus, and that his whole life was already dedicated to worshipping his Savior, but it was still very difficult last Mother's Day when I missed this special moment with him.  

I want to do everything I can to bring Grey up to love the Lord and live for Him.  I want her to make a difference for the Kingdom of God.  It is daunting to know I am modeling the person I want Grey to be.  Every day my flaws, attitude, unkind words and ugly character seem ten times 'louder' than they ever have been.  Knowing Grey is a blank slate I am imparting character on is really humbling.

The public dedication of Grey means that we are going to do everything possible to bring her up in a home that she can come to have a personal relationship with the Lord, and that we have made ourselves accountable to others in this task.  It will be the best day of motherhood when Grey makes the personal decision to accept Christ's free gift of salvation.  Chet and I realize how raising Grey according to the Word is the most important job we have right now.  Proverbs 22:6 - Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

We charged our camera and had it READY to go at the front door for her dedication.  It was still sitting by the front door while we were sitting in the pews. ;)  Thank you Charys and Scott for getting some iPhone photos of the day for us!

Our little family before being dedicated:




Grey was the only baby out of the 10 who were dedicated yesterday who cried during the whole process.  Oh well! :)  We are laughing in these photos because nothing worked to stop her from fussing...poor girl.  Brother Tommy wrote her a letter and gave her a little Bible with her name on it.  





Brother Tommy preached an amazing sermon about Jezebel yesterday.  It spoke to me more than almost any other sermon I have heard in my life.  God has given women powerful gifts that we can use to destroy our families or lift them up to serve God.  In closing, he shared, "If Jezebel by her own power had the capacity to turn an entire nation against God, then every woman has the capability to turn her home toward God." (The photo is a little blurry to read)

Chet's parents and my sister's family shared in the day with us.

Leigh Ann and Randy after church.
Meeting Uncle Scott for the first time.
Beautiful Auntie Charys and cousins Kayson and Cohen came over and had a fun time with us!
 First time meeting the 'boy cousins'!  

We missed Uncle Joel, Aunt Charity and cousin Hannah in CA, so we had a little Facetime with them in the afternoon. 

"Meeting" cousin Hannah for the first time...even if we were napping. ;)  Hannah's face is priceless to me!

Celebrating the day with "full arms" reminded me of my firstborn baby boy, and even more of the many Mommies who ache to hold their children who have gone to heaven.  They spent the day with empty arms, and I am so mindful of these precious women in my prayers...  

Thank you Lord for the most beautiful job of being a Mommy.  

I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.  So now I give him to the LORD.  For his whole life he will be given over to the LORD.  1 Samuel 1:27-28a

No comments:

Post a Comment