Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Expensive shoes

When I first decided to blog a couple years ago, I said something along the lines of "without children and/or an exciting life, a blog is just plain boring".  So here's a glimpse into my rather uneventful life recently: 

Several Hope Mommies, Tisha Shuffield and I have decided to run a half-marathon together in March.  Probably one of the craziest decisions I have ever decided on; but now I am stuck because I bought really expensive shoes. ;)  (If I pay more than $40 for tennis shoes, then they better get USED!)  I have also decided that I should do a detox program to kick start my 'new healthier self'.  Hopefully all the pain will pay off when I make it across that finish line in March...that is, if they don't kick me off the track first for taking so long.


I have only averaged a couple miles a day so far, but that is a couple miles that my body is not used to.  So it's big for me. :)  I have a long ways to go, but after each run I feel better.  


Today was a super busy day, but I still squeezed in a run.  I need to force myself to be consistent, since so far I still loathe running.  


I'm grateful a college student posted this on my Facebook wall today:


Now as they went on their way, Jesus entered a village. And a woman named Martha welcomed him into her house. And she had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet and listened to his teaching. But Martha was distracted with much serving. And she went up to him and said, “Lord, do you not care that my sister has left me to serve alone? Tell her then to help me.” But the Lord answered her, “Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things, but one thing is necessary. Mary has chosen the good portion, which will not be taken away from her.”  Luke 10:38-42


Sometimes I just need a reminder to realize that "busy" isn't always important. 


OH! And did you know that it costs $100 to sign up for the half-marathon?!  Now I should be in that business...making people pay to suffer. ;)  That "goody bag" better include a spa day, some Advil and maybe a defibrillator.

7 comments:

  1. When is your race... I want to run with you all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly, it is the Rock 'n' Roll Marathon in Dallas on the 27th:
    http://dallas.competitor.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you want to get really crazy when I finish nursing Jax we can do the master cleanse!! My SIL and I used to do this once a year and it is hard but boy do you feel like a thousand bucks afterwards!!

    I am proud of you! I think I saw you were using a running program, if you aren't let me know because my SIL, who is the personal trainer I was telling you about, used a program that helped her get up to several miles. I can ask her about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so awesome! Can't wait to run with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Proud of you. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you! SO proud! Now if I could just get back into running! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah! we should definitely go out afterwards for a massage. :)

    ReplyDelete