Wednesday, March 14, 2012

3/13/12

I guess my normal blogging time will be around 4:00am during our hospital stay.  I am grateful I can usually get a couple of hours of sleep in before 2:00am.

Yesterday's update (3/13/12):

After our little girl did not look very good on her morning NST (baseline heart rate was too low), we were swept into another ultrasound and literally surrounded by caring hospital staff.  My favorite part of this [scary] lesson was that we learned we could have Grey out in a matter of minutes if ever need be.  They move FAST when there is a reason to!  An iv with fluids and oxygen mask (on me) seemed to do the trick, and her baseline jumped back into the normal range for the rest of the day.  There is a lot that can be done in a 5-minute window.  Another reason I feel peace here.

Tisha decided to be nearer to us after that episode, so she drove the entire way back to Lubbock yesterday morning.  It was wonderful sharing another day with her!  She brought Slaton Bakery thumbprints, listened to me jabber all day, and strolled me around in a wheelchair to the courtyard for some much-needed and craved sunshine and fresh air.  I was surprised to see my beautiful sister Charys arrive too (she met us in the courtyard)!!  With both of them here, I know Grey and I will get all the love in the world until she makes her debut (and afterwards of course).

Chet ran back to Snyder after working yesterday, and accomplished my "please get done" list.  He's pretty awesome like that with the demanding wife he's married to. :)  I am amused how we have packed a ton of stuff, but I still manage to realize something "important" that we forgot - oh like at 2am each night.  I do not remember these things when Chet is awake, or my [amazingly helpful] friends could run an errand.  Tonight/this morning I realized that we did not pack shampoo/conditioner/hair spray/anything to help out my bed head.  Lovely. :)  I may experiment in a couple hours and see how hospital soap does on my locks.  Hmmm...
We also did not seem to think of packing anything but casual pajamas and sweats for me.  Laying in a bed all day made me think I would not care.  I clearly did not take into account that I would be hanging out here for a long haul...and with Tisha, the world's most wonderful photographer, but who really enjoys documenting me in pictures too much.  ;)

So far, other than yesterday morning's scare, I have felt good.  Baby is good.  We are so relieved to be here.

Thank you Jaci and Melanie for sending these:

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always.  Psalm 105:4

No comments:

Post a Comment