Monday, March 19, 2012

One week down!

I can't believe last Monday we checked in to this place!  It's actually gone by very quickly for the most part.  It is beginning to feel like home in this room.

Grey had a perfect ultrasound today, so I am wrapping my mind around being here for the longest possible time.  This is so important and great for her development (and those chubby thighs), I know! :)  I just really want to hold my baby! I really want a "dirty shoulder" (baby spit up), as Ashley M. has prayed for.  I really want to be up all night feeding and caring for a baby.  Babies come when they are ready, and our little Grey is not ready to meet the real world yet, no matter how ready we are to meet her.  We have the sweetest nurses, doctors and nurse practitioner who are all cheering her on though!  

We had a fun West Texas thunderstorm last night.  It was eerie and beautiful.  I have enjoyed about 15-30 minutes a day in the little Prayer Garden/Courtyard here.  I can't wait to get out and smell the fresh air after last night's rain.  Yesterday was gorgeous:
I LOVE SPRING!  I love that we will have a "spring baby"! :)

Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew, like showers on the new grass, like abundant rain on tender plants.  Deuteronomy 32:2

2 comments:

  1. I was (and still am) thankful for every sleepless night and every time I'm spit up on. It's a joy! Hehe. Just a little while longer, she will be here soon!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, it's kind of strange how similar our stories are. My son was stillborn at 36 weeks and he was growth restricted. When I was 35 weeks with my daughter 2.5 years later, we discovered through ultrasound that she was growth restricted too. We delivered her the next day b/c of my history with Owen.
    I'm so thankful you have such great doctors taking care of you and Grey. I will be praying for you.

    love,
    ebe

    ReplyDelete