Friday, March 16, 2012

Keep Cooking!

Our little one's lungs were checked by an amniocentesis yesterday morning.  We anxiously waited on the results, knowing they would give us a better idea of when Grey's lungs would be ready.  The results showed that she needs to keep cooking before meeting all of us out here.  Because our stay has been very comfortable, and of course we want a healthy baby (number one), I am not too disappointed.  God has the perfect birthday for Grey planned, and we are just going to continue to wait until that day comes.

I have heard many different things about amnios, but I can certainly say that it was far from anything scary or painful.  A very small prick, a few cramps and a little soreness in the injection site are all I have felt.  IVs and a lot of shots are far worse.  

Both yesterday and today proved to be two more nice days in the hospital.  Charys went back home yesterday and Tisha just left this afternoon.  I loved having them both here this week...and probably got a little too used to the spoiling, food and conversations!!  Tisha and I spent an hour in the sunshine this afternoon, and I am red!  (No sun for a few months became apparent!)  Chet will be with me all weekend, so we should enjoy some quiet couple time together.  With the sweet company and lots of visitors, I haven't even cracked open a book yet!

Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.  Psalm 139:23

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad she is staying where she needs to be- growing bigger and stronger in Mama's belly for a little while longer! Praying for your stay at the hospital to continue to be enjoyable and relaxing :)

    I wanted to mention, too, that I am putting a little gift for you and Grey in the mail today, and that I hope the address you gave me when I sent Holden's drawing is still the right one ;) God bless you guys, you are in my prayers!!

    Love,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sarah, you don't know me but I have been faithfully following your blog since sometime in October 2010. I somehow found your blog a week after losing my son Nolan, at 23 weeks. I've never commented before. Your current situation has reminded me how we must, at all times, grab tight of our sovereign Lord's hand, and place our confidence and trust in Him. I pray that the Holy Spirit comfort you and wrap you in His peace while you patiently wait to meet Grey face to face.

    Sincerely,

    MJ

    ReplyDelete