Saturday, March 10, 2012

Spring Break 2012

Spring Break this year is going to be quite uneventful for us.  My last day of work until Grey arrives was yesterday, since Spring Break starts this upcoming Monday, and I'll have many trips to the hospital for monitoring the week (or two) after Spring Break.  Other than a couple of doctor appointments, and Chet working of course, I will be resting and laying low.

It's been rainy and cold, so we have been able to get caught up on a lot of inside stuff today.  I officially wouldn't be upset if Grey decided to come this weekend!  ;)  All of her clothes and blankets have been washed (several times each) and I feel more than ready now.  We've added some last minute touches to the nursery and completed the projects I was waiting on.  I am realizing that I am actually glad I was slow to get all of her stuff ready, since I'm guessing these next couple of weeks will drag on as it is.

I'm planning to get caught up on Holden Uganda work this week; I have a feeling cuddling my little girl may get in the way of HUF to-dos in a little bit.

Grey Update:

  • We get to feel her hiccuping about every other day, and I LOVE it!  
  • Her movements consist of more "rolls" and "turns"than kicking, but I have been reassured by several nurses that this is normal at this point in gestation; she's getting squished in there.  During Holden's pregnancy, I was blissfully happy for any movements, and did not stress over what kind they were.  Now I find myself obsessing over each little movement.  Poor Grey probably gets more jabs than necessary from me, always waking her up to move.  :)  
  • The "baby growth chart" I get emailed weekly said that she was approximately 5 1/2 lbs. on Thursday.  I hope that we get to compare this to her actual weight on Monday's appointment.  I personally think that guess is pretty accurate though...meaning she should weigh a little more than that on Monday.    
  • My stomach has grown considerably in the past month.  Last week, my doctor measured me four centimeters ahead of the prior week (and re-meaured it a couple of times to confirm).  I think Grey and I are both going through a growing spurt, because I am eating more than I have throughout this entire pregnancy.  (And that's a LOT!  I never have a small appetite!)  On Thursday's weigh-in, I noticed I had gained the "max" amount I ever thought I would already.  Grey's worth a permanent 200 lb. weight gain, so I have decided to not stress about pounds.  They will melt away in my mind when I look into my daughter's eyes.  <3
God is good.
Sitting on the North Carolina beach this summer, I could not even picture us in March.  Here we are.  

But in your great mercy you did not put an end to them or abandon them, for you are a gracious and merciful God.  Nehemiah 9:31

No comments:

Post a Comment