5 things that have changed in my life over these past 5 months:
1. God wants all of us. Not 90%. He desires 100%! He seeks us out, and loves us infinitely.
2. Even when it feels like He's hurt us, His overall plans are perfect for our lives. He turns the darkest ashes into light and beauty.
3. Heaven is more awesome than I ever thought it was! Satan wants us to believe it's not something to live every day here on earth seeking for, but rather a strange, far-away place we wouldn't really want to share with anyone. Eternity is what matters. Not this little blink. The best of what is on this earth is just a tiny picture of what the Lord has in store for us.
4. Stuff doesn't matter. People do. I hope to invent myself more into the lives of others!
5. Prayer is a genuine conversation with our Jesus, that does change lives. It is not a nice speech at a pulpit or a practiced and rehearsed poem before a meal.
5 months. Almost 1/2 a year. I can already see changes in our healing over the past 5 months. I know our God's plans are great.
When I woke up, I remembered that today was the day that we had wanted to build a well by, if at all possible. In my email inbox was yet another set of completed well photos. That's a perfect birthday gift for our baby, I think!
Well, I'm writing this on my phone in bed, due to the flu (official diagnosis), so I better sign out before I decide to edit.
Happy 5 months in GLORY, Holden Newell.