Sunday, January 9, 2011

Brief fund-raiser update

You know when you are waiting and waiting for something, like a child waits for Christmas, and then when it's here and gone you almost feel that strange sense of exhaustion?  I am feeling that.  Having our initial goal reached so quickly has left me exhausted.  It is a LOT to take in...so much trust and fulfilled hope.  And gratitude.  This much gratefulness can really be overwhelming, but in a wonderful way.

To say our first Holden Uganda fund-raiser was a success is an understatement.  We are blown away and humbled to announce that our 'nine wells in nine months' initial goal is already fulfilled!  Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.

We are not stopping here.  We feel the Lord has even bigger plans for HUF, and we are excited to be a part of it.  Sadly, we have an ever-growing list of Hope Babies we would like to honor with a well...and equally as sad, there are thousands of people who are still drinking fatal water (no other words to describe that nastiness) every single day. 

I will be posting photos of the fund-raiser and of the first wells SOON...but right now I am going to do something really strange for me, and get to bed before midnight.

August 28:  I was so crushed by His plans.  They bruised my soul.  Left me questioning His sovereignty and good. 
Every day for 4 1/2 months:  He reminds me His plans are mighty.  He heals my wounds.  He gives me more good than I deserve and knew possible. 
Thank you Jesus for allowing me to get a glimpse of your plan this weekend, even if it still hurts.

Surely God is my help; the Lord is the one who sustains me.  Psalm 54:4

3 comments:

  1. Glad we got to be come and see you guys at work!!!! Can't wait to get my 31 bags!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in awe of you. Speechless. You couldn't have picked a better scripture to describe how God is helping you and Holden make a difference in this world. You are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo Hoo. Such a blessing...

    ReplyDelete