Monday, November 14, 2011

13th

Yesterday was the 13th, so in usual fashion, I will have to do two blogs tonight.

I am so grateful for our church and church family.  When I moved to Snyder after marrying Chet a few years ago, I really was thinking I may become depressed.  I was not expecting to end up in a small, windy, dusty (i.e. desolate to the outsider), West Texas town.  I cried and just "knew" we couldn't live here long.

Well, thanks to some friends of ours who invited us to a new Sunday School class that had been started at Colonial Hill Baptist Church, we have been part of a group filled with the most loving, genuine Christian couples we have ever known.  Chet and I believe God orchestrates every detail of our lives, and I cannot imagine going through the past two years without the family of God that we have in our church family.

My sisters in Christ are fun, caring and truly SPREAD Christ's love.  I can't even type out all the love that has been bestowed upon us in the form of prayers, gifts, food, cards, time spent, etc. by these women.

Brother Tommy and Reid lead our church by the Word and challenge us with all of their messages.  It is just what church should be like.

Years ago, I would have never imagined my husband drumming in a church band.  Well, that is now what our Sunday evenings hold.  He is part of the Word & Worship praise band, and I LOVE praising the Lord while getting to watch my husband drum.  Such a blessings to see how much God is changing our little family and strengthening the man of God Chet is.  Sunday nights are looked forward to starting Monday morning.

I am so thankful for Colonial Hill and the spiritual growth it has watered in our lives.

Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts.  Colossians 3:16 

No comments:

Post a Comment