Thursday, November 10, 2011

6th, 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th

Being away on a work trip made it difficult to blog, so I am going to lump these past few days together.

6th:
I am thankful for my job. I have the very best boss and coworker I could ever ask for; they are friends as well as coworkers. We have the best group of students who aspire to do more and more each year. They teach me much and I love working with them. The job also fits our family's lifestyle very well; having a high-risk pregnancy that I go to the doctor often makes me greatly appreciate this aspect. So many people are jobless and go without I type this, and the fact that I don't just have a "job", but a job that is also rewarding, is a blessing I am very thankful for.

7th:
I am so very thankful for health and the healthy people in my life.  For years I took it for granted that I (and my close family and friends) were so healthy.  My eyes and heart are so much more aware of how much of a blessing it is to be well and to have a healthy child.  When I see a child with a disability or a person with ailing health, I have much more empathy and care for them...and I remember to thank the Lord for what He has given me. Similar circumstances to what rocked and changed my world are shaking up millions of lives each day.

8th:
I am grateful for Texas and the United States. Only about 1 in 22 people on this planet have the privilege I do, in that I was born as an American citizen. We have the amazing and under-appreciated privilege to worship the Lord Jesus Christ without fear of imprisonment, torture or a death sentence. We have access to clean water, healthy food, housing, education, jobs, health care, etc. no matter who you are or what you do. We are able to work hard and earn a good living. This country is not perfect by any means, but when I simply examine at what Chet and I waste on a monthly basis, I have more than most people will ever have.

9th:
I am thankful for heartbeats.  I have my own baby Doppler (and brought it with me on our work trip) and get to listen to our little one's heartbeats whenever I need the assurance. I have a new very favorite sound.

10th:
Today I am thankful for Hope Mommies. These women are heroes in my life. They daily encourage me and uplift me. Having friends who know that the Lord's plans are mightier and more perfect than ours, yet understand the pain of losing a child, is a dear gift. I am especially reminded of several precious women in my life this week, as they are going on a month without being able to hold their babies on earth. Last year at this time, I knew of only a few Hope Mommies. To date, I know of about one hundred. It breaks my heart to meet new Hope Mommies, but I am grateful to God for allowing our paths to intertwine. My Hope Mommy friends are priceless jewels.

1 comment:

  1. Sarah,

    I love your words. Beautifully said. I love how you make note that what we waste every month is more than most people will ever have. That is something we need to all stop and think about; at least I know I do. Thanks for wording it like that.

    And thank you for thinking of us yesterday. Means so much. I can't believe it's been a month.

    Thanks for your words on your blog. I have truly enjoyed reading, and I think about you often. Praying for you during this pregnancy. More than I can tell you. :)

    Love,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete