Sunday, November 27, 2011

26th and 27th

26th
Yesterday the Shuffield family drove down to hang out with us for our late "family Thanksgiving" and watch the Tech/Baylor or game.  They were considerate of the fact that I am resting more with this pregnancy, and drove 6 hours in one day just to spend a few hours with us.

I know I have blogged it many times before, but I cannot ever say just how thankful I am for the Shuffields.  Normally you can't choose who your family is, and if I were to pick the most amazing family on earth, it would be the Shuffield family.  Somehow God blessed me enough for that to be reality.  Chet and I ask God to help us lead our family like they lead their family one day.  God is the focus and they truly LOVE and have FUN with each other.  We were thrilled they chose to spend their Saturday with us.  Tisha is a "mom" I can discuss all my pregnancy woes and joys with...priceless. :)

27th
I am grateful I can feel our little girl's kicks and movements every day now.  We are over halfway through this pregnancy, and I can finally say for "sure" that it is the baby I'm feeling moving around in there.  Chet has even been able to feel her most days.  It's so fun and one of the only times I can feel "relaxed" about her.

On a funny note: I asked Chet if he was going to cook us breakfast this morning, while lazily laying in bed late.  My husband will do nearly anything on earth to help me (all housework he can and will do), but the kitchen is just not his "throne".  I was obviously kidding when I said "cook", so I suggested Eggo waffles and a cup of coffee.  His reply, "Um, do those cook in the toaster?"  Oh boy.
I am so glad that we compliment each other and that I have a honey who can make me laugh. ;) ;)  Resolution #10 for the New Year: teach Chet some kitchen basics.

Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit singing to God with gratitude in your hearts.  Colossians 3:16

No comments:

Post a Comment