Saturday, November 19, 2011

18th and 19th

Sleepiness has taken hold...but I definitely need to be remember what I am thankful for before I fade this evening.

18th
I am thankful for our home.  It is perfect and cozy for Chet and I.  Although not big and fancy in American standards, it is a palace in the world's standards.  There is simply no place like home; there is no place I would rather be on this whole earth than snuggled up on our couch together.  It is so easy for me to think of "bigger and better" or "change this or that", but I am so often reminded of how fortunate we are.

19th
As I was bathing earlier, my thoughts wandered to remember that the most tired, the most exhausted, the most stressed out and/or the worst day of mine cannot even compare to what many endure daily.  So I am grateful for the healthy, pain-free, blessed life I am so privileged to live.  It sounds a bit silly to type out, but it's what has been on my heart a lot.

For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.  Matthew 6:21

No comments:

Post a Comment