Tuesday, November 29, 2011

28th & 29th

28th
We bought our first "baby thing" of this entire pregnancy yesterday: paint for the nursery.
I am thankful we could do it with joy, even though it took us over an hour of debating on colors;   color is such a committment!  The amazingly helpful and cheerful employee at Home Depot (really..she needs a raise) was incredibly patient with us, even though she sadly couldn't match paint colors from my phone's Pinterest app.  Home Depot needs to get on that.  Any ways, with her kind assistance and my husband nearly melting down, we made our choice. 
Mostly I am thankful for a very generous friend who is going to help us paint.  Chet has banned me from painting, so our friend is going to paint for us!  Wow, huh?!
29th
I am thankful that in approximately 16 weeks (or really ... whatever God decides ... I am trying to remind myself that my plans are not the important ones) we will meet our little girl.  I am thankful my doctor doesn't act like I'm just plain nuts when at each appointment I tell her exactly how many days we have left.  I like to remind those who are more in charge than I am, exactly how long they have to prepare.  ;)

A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

1 comment:

  1. Your last sentence made me laugh out loud! :) So glad you have paint ready, and that you don't have to paint. Win-win! I am thinking of you as you continue this pregnancy and praying for your and your sweet baby girl. She is bound to be beautiful like her momma. ;)

    ReplyDelete