Friday, April 6, 2012

2 Week Appointment

Grey's 2 week appointment was today.  She wore her first dress for the occasion, the only dress that will fit her right now.  Her expression is concerned in this pic, because she just had her heel pricked for her PKU test. :(  (Momma did worse than Grey!)  She wasn't so sure she could trust anyone in the office!

Our healthy eater weighed in at 5 lbs. 7.5 oz.!  I guessed she was 5 lbs. 8 oz. on the way to the doctor, so that is pretty fun!  She is doing great on her weight gain - in the 10th percentile already!

Her head and height are both in the 3rd percentile (I find that one a little strange, since she is a long 19 inches?!)...

Grey had a bit of a rough afternoon after getting home from Lubbock.  My friend mentioned that she might get a little carsick, and I am thinking that may be the case.  The only two days she has really spit up are both doctor appointment days.  Poor girl.  If carsickness is the case, I hope it is outgrown soon!

Grey had a WONDERFUL evening though!  She cooed and smiled and spent two hours "taking it all in" with Momma before Daddy got home from work.
I think it's interesting that photos make Grey's hair seem so dark, but in person it's a very light brown-ish color.  In fact, in the sunlight it almost looks blonde.

We are so grateful for a clean bill of health from Dr. G!  God is so great to continue to bless our daughter!  We love our doctor and the fact that she will answer all of my many annoying questions.  She makes us feel like we are her only patients all day, and that makes my momma heart happy!

Today I signed Grey up to be dedicated at the Parent & Child Dedication on Mother's Day at our church.  It was such a powerful moment for me to be able to sign her up.  Last Mother's Day, I really wondered if we would ever be able to do this.  I know Holden is with Jesus, and has always been dedicated to the Lord...but it was still so difficult and bittersweet last year.  Chet and I are both incredibly honored to be given the priceless gift of raising our daughter on earth.  What JOY it is to dedicate her life to the Lord.

You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness.  Psalm 30:11

No comments:

Post a Comment