Friday, April 20, 2012

4 Weeks (one day late)


I know I am a day late, and I certainly didn't forget about this preciousness turning four weeks old yesterday, but we just needed more cuddles and quiet time than usual yesterday.

Grey had the toughest afternoon of her little life, because Momma and Daddy thought a teeny bit of formula mixed in her bottle might help her to be more "satisfied" at night.  Instead, it caused about 18 hours of a very upset tummy.  :(  We definitely learned a big lesson!  What that also meant though, was that I was able to hold my sweetness non-stop for hours on end, a huge blessing despite a very terrible afternoon.  (The evening turned out much better, thank goodness!)  We also ventured out on our first lunch date away from home yesterday, with Erica, which turned out to be a sad, screaming time.  Poor Grey!  Hands down, the hardest part about being a parent is seeing your baby in pain!

At four weeks, our little princess continues to refine her motor skills each day.  During one of her feedings with Daddy, she was able to hold up her bottle for quite some time yesterday.  She is very much an independent little girl already, and wants to hold or touch everything for herself.  I might sound crazy, but she reaches for her toys.  I always have one developmental toy on her changing table, and she pulls it towards her face at all of her changes.  It amazes me that even at such an extremely young age, her personality is shining through!

Grey's 4 week birthday was her original due date.  What a special day!  I remember when we found out we were pregnant, I didn't allow myself to think about April 19th.  God is so gracious to us.  Each time I look into Grey's eyes, I feel an overwhelming sense of undeserved grace and restored joy.

Look at this size comparison!  First two photos courtesy of Shuffield Photography from our first day at home (5 days old).  Second two are iPhone photos from today (4 weeks and 1 day):





I know this post is her 4 week update, but I can't close without saying that today is the day Erin and Blair welcome their sweet rainbow baby into the world!  Erin has been the Hope Mommy who most resembles our story and walk.  We both lost our firstborn children in 2010, and have become dear friends through this journey together.  Erin is the founder of Hope Mommies, a ministry I am so blessed to be a part of.  I have waited for this day for nearly two years, and can't be happier to know they will soon experience what "full arms" are.  Okay, before I become a crying mess...I better go!  (I have to stalk her Facebook page.) ;) ;)

I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it.  God does it so that people will fear him.  Ecclesiastes 3:14

No comments:

Post a Comment