Thursday, April 5, 2012

2 weeks!!

Our little peanut has been blessing my arms for two weeks now!  We took quite a few iPhone photos today (like we always do), so that I don't miss one of these precious expressions or faces.  She is already growing SO much!







At two weeks:
  • You wear mostly preemie clothes still, although you are transitioning to a few newborn outfits.  
  • You love to eat!  I am so happy you are a good eater...hmm...wonder where you got that from? ;)
  • You involuntarily smile a lot, which of course melts my heart.  I can't seem to capture these smiles on camera, because I'm too mesmerized by them to think of grabbing my phone or camera. 
  • You stay awake a lot more now, even up to an hour at a time.  
  • Mommy took you on our first "solo" walk without Daddy today.  We just went around the block since it was hot out, and I didn't want your sweet skin to burn or get overheated.  You were very quiet the whole time, just looking around at all the sights and sounds.    
  • You sleep about 1 to 1 1/2 hours at a time during the night, which is a huge help to Mommy and Daddy!
  • We love you more and more each day...which should really be impossible as much as we love you every moment.  
I am still in awe at how wonderful her birth video and photos turned out.  Such a precious gift for us to treasure.  I feel so privileged to have our c-section and Grey's first moments of life captured!  Shuffield Photography also designed her birth announcements, which we are excited to pick out tonight! 

Grey's two week appointment is tomorrow, so we will see how much she weighs.  I wouldn't be surprised if she's gained a half a pound!

These "Weekly Updates" are so different than the weeks that passed after Holden's birth.  I was thinking about how I feel like I am in a time warp these past two weeks, just as I did after Holden's birth...but in the exact opposite way.  Beauty and JOY has truly been restored in our home.

Daddy just got home, and we haven't seen much of him this week, so I'll cut this short.  Happy 2 Weeks my dear daughter!

Grey and I talked about how much Jesus loves us today...that He gave His life for us...
The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life--only to take it up again.  No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord.  I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again.  This command I received from my Father.  John 10:17-18


1 comment: